Getting colder - heating on yet?

Soldato
Far from it. I've got the windows open all the time and have needed to resort to switching on the a/c at certain points during the day.

If I need heat I turn on my desktop and/or HT, usually does the trick. :p

Associate
September has been the best month of summer down here so far, very pleasant 21-22C, July and Aug were shockingly bad. Probably won't put the heating on until mid October.

N$X

N$X

Associate
i aint got the heating on yet, but it was freezing at canary wharf at 11.30pm.

i leave the bedroom window slightly open when i sleep. soon enough this will be closed shut.

Soldato
Heating is way too expensive in my and my parents opinion, if the heating is on 1/3rd it costs us about 130€ per month, so no, aside from heating myself up with a Tefal 2000w electric heater in the morning for 10-15 mins on weekdays between about dec-feb we never really use heating.

Hate the cold though, I love walking around in just boxers in my own home and hate the fact I have to get dressed not to be cold :(. And summer is simply more cheerful and and the girls are more nicely dressed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love cold weather. I leave my windows open all year round, even if there's a blizzard outside.

I do that too, but not because I like the cold but I like fresh/clean air rather than the dusty **** in my room :p.

Cold is much worse than heat though imo :(. Especially in the winter I have major trouble waking up/ getting up to normal body temp due to the cold, my hands & feet still feel cold sometimes 2 hours after getting up and I'm shaking of the cold.

Soldato
Depends, are you a northerner? Definitely not in the south, im still cycling to work in a t-shirt. I walked to the pub earlier in one too. If you include the jumper phase, to keep me a little bit warmer, i wont stick mine on for at least another month.

Soldato
Had it on for a couple of hours earlier, must say I appreciated the warmth when I got in off my bike, it was freezing! Have been sleeping in a t-shirt too the last few nights.

Back
Top Bottom