Getting colder - heating on yet?

Associate
Heating? Had the bedroom window open constantly up until last week and I'm sitting just in shorts right now (too much info I know), though probably helps I'm on the 5th of six floors in a fairly new block of flats.

Few years ago though were on the first floor (above a shop) with old crappy wooden single glazed sash windows that rattled and fairly rubbish radiators, needless to say our power bill for the winter was many many times that of the summer and my feet were very glad of my laptops power brick that year.

In general though Im a stingey git when it comes to heating (especially since that horid flat and expensive bill), normally wont put it on till November at the very earliest.

In the flat we've got plenty of blankets/throws/cats if youre sitting around, reading, watching TV etc to wrap around you if your too cold and a jumper wont help you. In the kitchen cooking, itll be warm all by itself, running around like an idiot you'll be warm all by yourself, standing around like an idiot, your and idiot go do something.

Associate
Definately more chilly outside this past week, though weve had a few warm days.

The fans definately been on less and iv appreciated my pc warming my desk area during gaming sessions :)

Man of Honour
Whilst it is cold during the night and doesn't get hot during the day it's not quite time of central heating yet.... and this is coming from a person that loves roasting temperatures!! :eek:

Soldato
The average temperature needs to drop at least another 10C before I'll consider putting on the heating. Normally don't have it on until the beginning of November and then it's not on that much (I prefer a cool house).

Associate
as soon as there was a slight cool, the heating was put on, my other half complains that she's freezing and i'm hot sat in shorts and t shirt...

i don't get it....

Soldato
Not yet. Our living room was quite toasty when we went to bed last night. The rooms that aren't lived in seem to be a bit more chilly, but nothing a cuddle under the blanket doesn't solve.

We are on the top floor though.

Back
Top Bottom