Getting colder - heating on yet?

Caporegime
We've had ours on a bit, but our house is quite cold and we have a little baby so need to keep it a bit at the right temperature.

Besides, we've just had a new boiler fitted and our gas consumption has fallen through the floor so we're taking advantage of it.

Man of Honour
Heating's on for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the evening. Getting very cold up here now. Sunday night was -2 and we are not above 9 degrees during the day now even with the sun out. On the upside computer temps are very low. :D

Soldato
Stupid question time, and Im not at home to try this...

Well after turning on the CH system last night, all is fine, apart from one of the bedroom radiators. Infact this is the bedroom that had its radiator replaced when it was re-plasterd. This one is staying cold even though the thermostatic valve is set to max. Likely problem due to the other valve on the radiator being shut?

Soldato
For those of you who haven't switched it on yet, the warmest your house could be is ambient daytime temperature, unless you are getting heat from an adjoining property, today this has been around 12c
Now lets imagine you turning up to work and the office is only 12c, I am sure many people would be putting on their coats, complaining to the boss and threatening to go home! Is everyone either skint, a miser or Rambo??

Soldato
I was in Scotland last week, and after the shock of the 10c temperature difference to South England, being met at the Airport and wondering what was meant by "do u have any bugs?";A day later I acclimatised and opened the window for the first snow of the year and realised I had been 'awa' too long and was in danger of turning into a "Southern Softie".

I'm all better now.

Soldato
Stupid question time, and Im not at home to try this...

Well after turning on the CH system last night, all is fine, apart from one of the bedroom radiators. Infact this is the bedroom that had its radiator replaced when it was re-plasterd. This one is staying cold even though the thermostatic valve is set to max. Likely problem due to the other valve on the radiator being shut?

Sounds like the valve may be stuck. First make sure the opposite side to the TRV is fully open. Then remove the TRV and see if the plunger moves freely, I had to free mine with WD40.

Back
Top Bottom