Getting iOS7 onto my iphone :)

Permabanned
put beta 3 on my 5 looks amazing but im gonna go back to 6 as I can tell its not 100% stable as I had problems with photo and calender, great new look roll on GM

Associate
Been using IOS7 for a couple of weeks now, going back to IOS6 is really weird now. The only thing I hate is the built in Music app, it's a complete mess and is terrible to use, so much so that I found an old ipod to use in my car instead of even trying to find the music I want to listen to. Albums and Artists lists that show up perfectly in itunes are jumbled all over the place once copied over to the phone, for example having every tune on a compilation album in it's own album with 1 song in it, but in itunes it's perfect.

Soldato
I have a Genius Bar appointment booked for Tuesday for my power button not responding - Should I downgrade to 6.1.4? Or do you think it's okay to be on iOS 7 (I'm on beta 3).

Soldato
OP
Not if you're not a developer, you'll be walking in shouting about having invalidated your warranty.

Out of interest, my iPhone 5 has a power button that only responds when you press one side of the power button.

Soldato
Not if you're not a developer, you'll be walking in shouting about having invalidated your warranty.

Out of interest, my iPhone 5 has a power button that only responds when you press one side of the power button.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean - Do you mean I should downgrade? I'm not a developer but I could just say I'm an app beta tester for a friend?

Similar situation with me - but the side that does work, only works every so often

Soldato
I know it's wrong to **** off developers because apps don't work on beta but I think it starts to take the mick when they have had over a month in preparation time already. I'm pointing at G+ and Skype - both of which are still broken.

They won't just release a quick and simple 'fix' for individual bugs just so that people who aren't using iOS7 beta for it's actual purpose (developing) can run their apps. I'm currently involved in the testing of a few apps and there is full regression testing for each beta iteration and I'll probably submit around the time of GM.

With iOS6 something changed in the GM release which broke a number of the apps I look after so it's a continual process of testing, testing and more testing. There is no rush to get apps out for no particular reason until it gets closer to the time.

Soldato
Your snivelling post speaks volumes tbh. I'm trying out development too and haven't signed up just to get early access to the OS. Do you even use CI?

Soldato
Would anyone be willing to do me a favour?

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts etc > Add new account... > Microsoft Exchange and screen shot the first screen asking for information?

Soldato
Yes, thanks.

I'm hoping based on this they've fixed the autodiscover bug from iOS6. For those not familiar, the bug means that autodiscover won't work if the email address does not match the UPN (User Principal Name) in Active Directory. Very annoying.

Soldato
So how how easy is it to downgrade again? I've come to the conclusion that it the beta looks worth trying, but want to make sure I can go back if necessary!

Last edited:
Soldato
So how how easy is it to downgrade again? I've come to the conclusion that it the beta looks worth trying, but want to make sure I can go back if necessary!

Easy peasy :p I've been messing around with my iPhone this weekend and have jumped from iOS 7 to 6.14 back and forth about three or four times :p Just download the right iOS .ipsw files and you can restore your phone as many times as you like.

Back
Top Bottom