Getting the best deal on an upgrade

Associate
Hello,

I am on a Vodafone £25 month contract, 150mins + STC + VP, not sure how many texts I get. I am due an upgrade ( currently have a Samsung U600 ). I'm not sure what phone I want, the C905 looks good but seems to have a multitude of problems going by the voda forums. N95 looks a good choice but they want £100 for me to upgrade to it on the website! My bill is normally around the £35-40 range. Even with upgrading my contract its still £100, yet the C905 is £20, why the big difference considering the N95 is not new?

Would I get a better deal instore?

Soldato
If your bills £35-40 and your line rental is £25 I would say your on the wrong tariff, if you go up to a £35pcm tariff you shouldnt need to have any call charges unless your a fan of premium rate numbers, and you will then be able to choose whatever handset you want for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can find a better deal online or elsewhere, call upgrades and ask them the match or beat it. If they won't, tell them you want to cancel and they'll normally put you through to a cancellations/retentions department who will generally try to keep you by offering you a better deal. However, be prepared to cancel in favour of the better deal. Oh, and don't get roped into an 18/24 month contract unless you want to, double check what exactly they're offering you.

IME, if you generally spend more than your line rental they will want to keep you and give you a good deal. If you don't spend more than your rental they will be less bothered to keep you, and thus offer you a rubbish deal.

Back
Top Bottom