Ghosts - The white floaty things that go oooooooo

Soldato
Here's a good one for you all,

Yesterday I went to see my parents (socially distanced obviously), and we got onto the subject of the virus and not being able to enjoy holidays and days out. I mentioned that when things go back to normal I'd like to go to the peak district for the day (it's quite local), and asked about the last time they went.

They both looked at each other and went, well......

We both stayed in a hotel in the peaks a couple of years ago. My dad blurts out, lovely hotel apart from the ghosts :eek: Just to clarify, neither of my parents are nutters :D

When they booked in, they were told the hotel was very quiet with not many guests staying that paticular night.

Anyway, both my mum and dad were woken up around 3am by loud noises of children playing and crying.

The next morning at breakfast, my dad mentioned this to the hotel staff and they said lots of guests have heard the same noises, and that the hotel is haunted. They said that they had no children staying in the hotel.

So....what's OCUK make of that.

I'm trying to find out the name of the hotel. Mum can't remember, but she thinks it's now been turned into a school. I've asked her to find out.

Soldato
Well, ghosts dont exist so maybe the hotel was part of the pedo trafficking ring and the owners made up a lie about ghosts to deflect away from the crying children chained up in the cellar?

Soldato
The old library, in the town where I used to live, is rumoured to be haunted by the butler and the lady of the house that stood there before it was rebuilt.
(Google Pipbrook House, Surrey)

Apparently the butler has been spotted at the top window and the only mention of the lady was that when the council used the building years ago, a woman with the same name would find her name crossed out in the sign in book every day. Other weird stuff happened as well apparently. Oooooooooo :p

My cousin also said he saw the famous headless horseman once, charging across the road into the cemetery. I'm on the fence about that one :D

When my dad died I did feel like there was a presence upstairs in the house. It wasn't that I was purposely searching for something but I had suddenly felt really cold and that someone was standing next to me. This went on for almost month after he died until the day of his funeral.
I know people say it's a load of BS and I take some stories with a pinch of salt but I like to think there is the possibility :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Middle of the afternoon. Was utterly bizarre. I mean I accept I could have been seeing things but it felt very real at the time.

I know the mind can play tricks, but the only time I ever saw someone who wasnt there was when I was coming out of a fever.

My late grandad was sitting on the end of the bed having a full blown conversation with me.

Funnily enough I was actually in his bed at the time as back then my grandma was looking after me.

Man of Honour
Here's a good one for you all,

Yesterday I went to see my parents (socially distanced obviously), and we got onto the subject of the virus and not being able to enjoy holidays and days out. I mentioned that when things go back to normal I'd like to go to the peak district for the day (it's quite local), and asked about the last time they went.

They both looked at each other and went, well......

We both stayed in a hotel in the peaks a couple of years ago. My dad blurts out, lovely hotel apart from the ghosts :eek: Just to clarify, neither of my parents are nutters :D

When they booked in, they were told the hotel was very quiet with not many guests staying that paticular night.

Anyway, both my mum and dad were woken up around 3am by loud noises of children playing and crying.

The next morning at breakfast, my dad mentioned this to the hotel staff and they said lots of guests have heard the same noises, and that the hotel is haunted. They said that they had no children staying in the hotel.

So....what's OCUK make of that.

I'm trying to find out the name of the hotel. Mum can't remember, but she thinks it's now been turned into a school. I've asked her to find out.

Surprise shock as hotel plays weird noises in the middle of the night to stir staying guests who will talk about it and bring in outside publicity and further guests lol.

Associate
Ok can anyone of sane mind declare officially whether they’ve seen a ghost? I’m curious to know of others stories and encounters.

Back
Top Bottom