• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Next week I shall be recieving one of the first R600 samples for testing.

We plan to put this card in our top Ultima specification of PC. We shall post pictures and tell you how good it is sometime next week. :)

However exact benchmark results cannot be revealed due to NDA but as you know I will give a subtle hint and post many pictures for you all. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
jrodga2k5 said:
thnaks gibbo, nice to know! Will be interesting to see how they perform, I take it wont just be the good old 3d mark you'll be testing?

Pretty much so, its all we have.

HOWEVER

If there are other programmes/benchmarks which are available free to dowload, post me a link and we shall happily run that too. Please bear in mind we won't be going out buying games but if anyone provides a link to a free legal download we shall happily test that too.

Also for ATI which is quicker, XP, XP64, Vista32 or Vista64?

Caporegime
As far as price is concered im sure it'll be the usual assraping price of around £450+. :mad:

Anyone remember when gfx cards topped out at around £250 -£300?

Caporegime
Gonzo0 said:
Cant wait, hopefully it will kill the 8800 then i can be happy that i waited for R600

To be honest i think its gonna be r520 all over again, all the waiting and hype for something that was at best maybe a few % faster in select benchmarks. Amd really need to get the thumb out and get this delay delay crap knocked on the head. :mad:

Associate
yey but the my b day is 25 of april hopefully the mid range cards are coming out then
gibbo could you test it on vista 32bit i would like to see if ati have better drivers than nvidia for vista

Associate
Gibbo said:
Also for ATI which is quicker, XP, XP64, Vista32 or Vista64?

Could you dual boot XP and Vista? Makes sense as you'll need VISTA for any DX10 stuff, and XP because most people have it.

Use the NVidia DX10 demo for some DX10 screenshots (unless anyone knows any better DX10 stuff).

Could we lend you Oblivion for the purposes of getting some fraps values?

Alternatively you could lend me the R600... :D

Associate
Yeah Melbourne, Gibbo should "lend" it to us :p
What i'm interested in seeing is whether or not it really is that fast in comparison to Nvidia, they have had the card delayed for months now and I would like to see it performing even better than it would have if it had been released sooner.
What i fear is that AMD has withheld the launch because of this low-high card release, and not because they wanted to fine tune the card and make sure that the 8800 gets destroyed.
I am very, very close to buying an 8800gtx because of the price they have now, if AMD had the same price around the 400£ mark, then I would wait but nothing is certain yet.
Also, there is way too much confusion regarding the 80/65 thing, is that something you could tell us Gibbo?

Back
Top Bottom