gigabyte 965p ds4 wont boot

Associate
Will defo be keeping an eye on this thread to see the outcome.

Ordered all my new bits on Friday (DS4, E6600, G-Skill NR, etc) and got the usual fan on fan off malarky. Bought a 512mb stick of Generic PC4200 today and it works fine, got everything installed, etc so everything else seems to be ok. Now we just need to wait on a Bios update and keep our fingers crossed it's not too long, either that or i might contact OcUK and RMA the G-Skill.

Associate
Coln said:
Will defo be keeping an eye on this thread to see the outcome.

Ordered all my new bits on Friday (DS4, E6600, G-Skill NR, etc) and got the usual fan on fan off malarky. Bought a 512mb stick of Generic PC4200 today and it works fine, got everything installed, etc so everything else seems to be ok. Now we just need to wait on a Bios update and keep our fingers crossed it's not too long, either that or i might contact OcUK and RMA the G-Skill.

My G.Skill NR modules are in the process of being RMA'd, I'm going to get something that works, rather than hope that a bios fix 'may' sort it out. :(

Soldato
Can someone confirm that the GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 667MHz Value DDR2 Dual Channel Kit works 100% with the DS3...? It doesn't look as cool as my G.Skill ram at least it might work :(

Permabanned
Right, i've had a quick read though the thread and I've got a headache.. :p

Bascially I've about to order the DS4 but undecided on memory, Im concidering G.Skill NR 6400 or Corsair C5 6400... I've seen people claim both work and don't work im just confused as hell now... Can someone confirm if one does actually work please...

I'll even consider the more expensive G.Skill 2GB HZ 6400 if somebody can guarantee it will work with the mobo.. :(

Also, does the mobo need to be flashed to support the E6600 or will bios shipping now be capable ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
quickfix said:
Don't get the NR. No-one has that working, to my knowledge.

And the bios doesn't need to be flashed for the E6600 to work.

What about HZ, anyone got any problems with that ? I've seen a few claiming the corsair c5 doesnt work either so unsure ...

Last edited:
Associate
Shocky-FM said:
Right, i've had a quick read though the thread and I've got a headache.. :p

Bascially I've about to order the DS4 but undecided on memory, Im concidering G.Skill NR 6400 or Corsair C5 6400... I've seen people claim both work and don't work im just confused as hell now... Can someone confirm if one does actually work please...

I'll even consider the more expensive G.Skill 2GB HZ 6400 if somebody can guarantee it will work with the mobo.. :(

Also, does the mobo need to be flashed to support the E6600 or will bios shipping now be capable ?

The DS4 doesn't need flashed for the Conroe CPUs to work as it's based on the 965 chipset.

I just put my E6600 in tonight and my Corsair C5 6400 works perfectly with no messing around.

Associate
quick question on an unrelated issue. How is the onboard sound on these Gigabyte boards? Would I be better off using an Audigy 2 or the onboard sound (only gonna be using for games, no heavy audio stuff) as I know the onboard stuff used to be a real resource hog.

Associate
Oh dear god, why didn't i read this before i placed my order?

I ordered a ds4 and i've got this ram with it:
Mushkin Extreme Performance 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 3-3-3-10

After reading the thread i'm still confused...what determines if the ram works or not? the latency or the amount of volts?

I think i'll just keep my fingers crossed. Waiting on the motherboard atm!

Don
ja3h said:
Oh dear god, why didn't i read this before i placed my order?

I ordered a ds4 and i've got this ram with it:
Mushkin Extreme Performance 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 3-3-3-10

After reading the thread i'm still confused...what determines if the ram works or not? the latency or the amount of volts?

I think i'll just keep my fingers crossed. Waiting on the motherboard atm!

Why have you ordered DDR RAM when Conroe uses DDR2??

Stelly

Last edited:
Associate
I got my bits and pieces on saturday, unfortunatley I chose a ds4 with G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ, while I can get the system working with 1 stick it's having none of it when I try with both :(

Back
Top Bottom