gigabyte 965p ds4 wont boot

Associate
weemee118888 said:
Hey again all,

I got some cheapo ram last night, 533mhz, my machine now boots correctly.

The question is do I send back the patriot I have, or wait and hope the bios issue is fixed? Suggestions anyone?

Also my 7950 card appears to work, however how do I know if it is running fully? Is there any way that I can test?

Good question, follow the the thread here, looks likey people only getting around 8500 :( on 3DMark06 WITH a conroe E6700....

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107798&page=5&highlight=dq6+bios+f3a

Associate
Well i just got an e-mail saying my order has been shiped with a Ds4 and G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 :(
looks like its not going to work. Is there any realy cheap ram on OcUK that would get my system up and runing?

Associate
weemee118888 said:
Hey,

Can someone try booting without both sticks of ram in (IE dual channel). I just spoke to another guy who has the same issue but only when in dual channel mode.

Cheers.

Ive tried ALL combitnations, still no go with my Samsung 667Mhz

Associate
R3323 said:
Well i just got an e-mail saying my order has been shiped with a Ds4 and G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 :(
looks like its not going to work. Is there any realy cheap ram on OcUK that would get my system up and runing?

Try some PNY PC4300 - 533Mhz, take a drive in your car and look for some ;) , worked for me

Last edited:
Associate
Off topic, and problems asside, this Conroe is one AMAZING processor.

Just popped mine in at lunch time on my DS4 and PC4300 - 533Mhz single channel set up, and everything just faster, makes upgrading from a 3.2Ghz to an 3.8Ghz extream pointless.

And yes, the Nvidia 7950 DOES work with the gigabyte DS4.

3DMARK2005 = 13780 (only 8668 with multi-gpu off, proof)
3DMARK2006 = 8172

I will run with this setup until this memory issue gets sorted.

Raj

Raj

Associate
Lol, offtopic? I think we passed that ages ago, look at the thread title :p ANyways good to hear someone has their system up and running. Im upgrading from a XP2000+ so think about how i will feel, i have problems playing games and having word open :p

Im still debating whether to go with the DS3/4 DQ6 now due to the RAM issues, or just wait till friday and see if anyone buys the DFI board being released, even though it is £150. I would prefer a DS4 to go with my 6300 and x1800xt

Last edited:
Associate
Having the same problem too... my GA-965p-DS4 doesn't work with my G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit... am absolutely gutted, especially after running round today trying to get an LGA775 HSF after OcUK sent me an AC Freezer 64 Pro for AMD instead of a Freezer 7 Pro :mad:

Can anybody recommend any RAM that WILL work? I'm a bit confused as there was an earlier posting that quoted a G.skill techy who said the NR PC2-6400 i have WOULD work with a DS3 (and therefore probably a DS4).

Guess i could pop out to my local fleabag PC shop and get a cheap stick of DDR2 to see what would happen.

Don
martianrobot said:
Having the same problem too... my GA-965p-DS4 doesn't work with my G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit... am absolutely gutted, especially after running round today trying to get an LGA775 HSF after OcUK sent me an AC Freezer 64 Pro for AMD instead of a Freezer 7 Pro :mad:

Can anybody recommend any RAM that WILL work? I'm a bit confused as there was an earlier posting that quoted a G.skill techy who said the NR PC2-6400 i have WOULD work with a DS3 (and therefore probably a DS4).

Guess i could pop out to my local fleabag PC shop and get a cheap stick of DDR2 to see what would happen.

The Gsklll HZ work fine with this board, I use it

Stelly

Associate
martianrobot said:

I will be in the same boat as you tomorro:(
I dont realy want to spend 40ish pound on ram that i will only use untill there is a bios update (asuming its a problem with the Ds4 bios) then never use again :(
Gigabyte or G.Skill (who evers fault it is) need to get it sorted :mad:

Associate
Stelly said:
The Gsklll HZ work fine with this board, I use it

Stelly

Was that the Gskill HZ PC2-6400?

Hmmm... thats an extra £40! Not sure it's worth that, even if Coolaler (the most famous worldwide enthusiast from Taiwan, allegedly) became the first person who breaks 10 seconds in SuperPI 1M in the world. Ahem.

Associate
My 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 6400-C5 works OK.
I have a Pentium D 805 in there just now so the RAM is only running at 533 instead of 800.

With the CPU speed set to auto the RAM dropped to show 2032MB but with it set to manual (with default speed still selected) it reports the full 2048MB.

Associate
Hi,

It's not Gskill as my Partriot ram wont post either! (see many moons ago in this thread).

The only way we will get this fixed is if everyone emails Gigabyte about the problem - that way they can't ignore it - do it now, they have a contact form! Also while your there ask them to ensure the 7950 nvidia card is fully supported :)

Cheers.

Associate
Could someone please make a list of ram the will work,
and a list of ram that wont work?
It would be very help full for anyone geting the Ds4/Ds3 mobo

Associate
weemee118888 said:
Hi,

It's not Gskill as my Partriot ram wont post either! (see many moons ago in this thread).

The only way we will get this fixed is if everyone emails Gigabyte about the problem - that way they can't ignore it - do it now, they have a contact form! Also while your there ask them to ensure the 7950 nvidia card is fully supported :)

Cheers.

Hmmm.... the gigabyte website seems to be broken. Rather worrying :confused:

Back
Top Bottom