Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

Associate
Hi o531 - sorry we didn't swerve any part of your question on purpose, was waiting for reply from HQ to make second post,,,,, and then ,,,,, didn't !

Ooooops.

Anyway, at the moment we don't have GTX1080 MaxQ on the roadmap, but these things always remain fluid and changeable, so never say never - but we think its unlikely.

Weight is just over 2KG in total.....

Let us know if we have still missed something :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thanks for the answer Atom!

Btw, I have to say, your communications and interaction with members/customers on here is ******* excellent Atom. You really go out of your way to keep everyone informed and answer questions to the best of your ability. You are awesome.

You definitely make we wanna stick with Gigabyte for all future laptops :)

Mod edit- please fully star swearwords.

Last edited by a moderator:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for the answer Atom!

Btw, I have to say, your communications and interaction with members/customers on here is ******* excellent Atom. You really go out of your way to keep everyone informed and answer questions to the best of your ability. You are awesome.

You definitely make we wanna stick with Gigabyte for all future laptops :)

Hi o531..... Thanks for the feedback, slightly blushing on a Monday morning! Thanks it's of course nice to read that our input is valued.

Have a good day as we all start another week!

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
I've pre-ordered a couple of these.

Any idea when the shipment will arrive, Atom? As I understand it, the shipment that was supposed to arrive on the 20th is late.

Thanks in advance.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I've pre-ordered a couple of these.

Any idea when the shipment will arrive, Atom? As I understand it, the shipment that was supposed to arrive on the 20th is late.

Thanks in advance.

HI T_Tornado - can you please confirm which product you have ordered, CF1 or CF2?

We will be going through shipping schedule with HQ tomorrow, so should be able to update more accurately after this happens...

Let us know which code, as the schedule "could" be different.... (hopefully won't be, but just want to get best information to you)

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
HI T_Tornado - can you please confirm which product you have ordered, CF1 or CF2?

We will be going through shipping schedule with HQ tomorrow, so should be able to update more accurately after this happens...

Let us know which code, as the schedule "could" be different.... (hopefully won't be, but just want to get best information to you)

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Atom,

I ordered 2x CF2s.

Many thanks for the prompt response.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

I ordered 2x CF2s.

Hi T_Tornado - are the orders placed here at OcUK?

From information received today, we are still hopeful that shipment of the CF2 (and CF1) will happen shortly, with stock landing w/c 6th November.

As always dates are not 100% guaranteed, but that's the best estimate based on current information.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi T_Tornado - are the orders placed here at OcUK?

From information received today, we are still hopeful that shipment of the CF2 (and CF1) will happen shortly, with stock landing w/c 6th November.

As always dates are not 100% guaranteed, but that's the best estimate based on current information.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Atom,

The orders are indeed placed here.

Ah that’s unfortunate to hear. Based on the estimate shown on the OCUK store I was hoping to have them by this Friday, or Saturday to start using these bad boys in the weekend!

Thanks for the status update though.

Associate
Hi Atom,

The orders are indeed placed here.

Ah that’s unfortunate to hear. Based on the estimate shown on the OCUK store I was hoping to have them by this Friday, or Saturday to start using these bad boys in the weekend!

Thanks for the status update though.
Why did you order two if i may ask?

Associate
@Atom80
Hello, I would like to ask some questins about aero 15 config.
1. Is it comes with 2x8 or 1x16 of ram?
2. What model of NVMe SSD you ship from overclockers?
3. Aero 15 ussualy have issues with backlight bleed. Do you check for backlight bleed or 15x comes from gigabyte "cherry picked" (since 15 and 15x use the same panel I thouth that with new versions there will be no problems with that). If no how do I request for smaller amount of backlight bleed.
4. Most important. With what keyboard layouts do you ship aero 15X? If you can help me get a US (long shift) version that would be FANTASTIC also nice present for my birthday.

Associate
@Atom80
3. Aero 15 ussualy have issues with backlight bleed. Do you check for backlight bleed or 15x comes from gigabyte "cherry picked" (since 15 and 15x use the same panel I thouth that with new versions there will be no problems with that). If no how do I request for smaller amount of backlight bleed.
4. Most important. With what keyboard layouts do you ship aero 15X? If you can help me get a US (long shift) version that would be FANTASTIC also nice present for my birthday.

Backlight bleed sadly is the way that this industry is at the moment with displays, and largely a panel lottery - some have it moderately and some hardly have any. It's a real luck of the draw and we just have to live with it.

Obviously in the event that one's laptop display shows extreme light bleeding (to the point where it's noticeable on a non dark display), then you can usually claim on the warranty for a replacement panel.

Liam.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

I ordered 2x CF2s.

Hi @T_Tornado - we have checked with courier this morning,,,,,, goods are in UK, with delivery courier, somewhere between Birmingham and OcUK,,,,, we therefore expect that goods will be booked in later today or early tomorrow :) Should mean your 2 units could be with you on Wednesday if all runs smoothly.

Hope the above comes to fruition, if we see anything that changes this likelihood, we will let you know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

Hi @theBaner, please see below for answers to your enquiries:

1: 2 x 8GB of DDR4 ram is the configuration, ensuring dual channel speed of ram access is achieved.

2: We use a few of suppliers for the SSD - Samsung, Toshiba being the 2 main suppliers for AERO15 - we are checking with factory to see which are in our UK models.

EDIT: just had confirmation that the vast majority of what has shipped to UK has:

TOSHIBA 512GB PCIE THNSN5512GPU7 on board.

There are some models that have had:

Samsung 512GB PCIE MZ-VKW5120 SM961

3: Although there have been some backlight bleed issues with panels, we certainly wouldn't agree that we have had "issues" on these models, past or current. as @LEK-89 states in his post, the bleed is something common across all manufacturers panels, and we only accept panels that are within a certain tolerance - of course each end user will then have there own perception of what is acceptable to them. Of course if an end user reports unacceptable level of bleed, we will exchange the panel as part of the warranty policy.

4: UK keyboard layout is supplied into all UK customers, we cannot really source a US layout, sorry.

Hope the above helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Mine been shipped, so not that long hopefully. I pre ordered a month ago though.

Hi @Atom80 - I ordered a CF2 as well, can you include me in any updates as well please, still tapping my foot here ;)

Hi @martsky & @the0wner122 - stock booked in this morning, pre-orders all processed and shipping today (with customers tomorrow assuming next day courier service used)

Let us know your thoughts and feedback upon receipt.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi guys! Newbie here ^^
I would appreciate a lot if any of you lucky owners of this gorgeous laptop could give a feedback about the backlight bleeding issue. I expect some (as usual in a laptop) but I heard that some annoying and strong bleedings were reported on the previous model Aero 15 (not X)
Do you see any? How "annoying" and "acceptable" is it? (a few pics would be great)
Gaming and watching movies are my favorite activities :)
Regards,
Daniel

Associate
@Atom80: Hi! Im considering buying a 15x (if expected feedbacks about backlight bleeds and noise are not "too bad") and I have a question about the international warranty: I live and work in Norway, what if I have to send back the laptop because of any problem under warranty? Is the shipping from Norway paid/covered by Gigabyte?

Associate
Hi @Atom80. Do you have any updates on where things are at?

I ordered this laptop yesterday because it looked like the shipment had arrived, but when asked about my order today I was told they hadn't received a date from their supplier.

Just wondered if you had any information on this. It's a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi @Atom80. Do you have any updates on where things are at?

I ordered this laptop yesterday because it looked like the the shipment had arrived, but when asked about my order today I was told they hadn't received a date from their supplier.

Just wondered if you had any information on this. It's a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Hi Johat - which product did you order - CF1 or CF2?

There were a couple of CF2 remaining yesterday after pre-orders were processed, but the surplus stock is now gone :(

There is more of both products coming, we don't have exact date as we are waiting for schedule from factory. Once we have accurate information we will post here...

Let us know which product you have ordered,

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom