Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80: Hi! Im considering buying a 15x (if expected feedbacks about backlight bleeds and noise are not "too bad") and I have a question about the international warranty: I live and work in Norway, what if I have to send back the laptop because of any problem under warranty? Is the shipping from Norway paid/covered by Gigabyte?

Hi DanielOslo - yes the warranty is "collect and return" policy, so we cover the carriage costs to nearest service centre.

Hope that clarifies,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Johat - which product did you order - CF1 or CF2?

There were a couple of CF2 remaining yesterday after pre-orders were processed, but the surplus stock is now gone :(

There is more of both products coming, we don't have exact date as we are waiting for schedule from factory. Once we have accurate information we will post here...

Let us know which product you have ordered,

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Okay, that's disappointing.

I ordered the CF1, but would've been fine with either. I was looking at this for a while and didn't preorder before because I was told there were only a couple of preorders in the queue.

If there's not an exact date, is there a rough idea at all? Is it something that could happen soon or are we looking at a bit of a wait again?

Thanks.

Soldato
Can any 15x owners confirm that the included RAM is Crucial 1x 16 GB CT16G4SFD824A.C16F?

if I go ahead with a purchase, I’m looking to upgrade to 32GB, so presumably buying another of the above is ideal (?)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Okay, that's disappointing.

I ordered the CF1, but would've been fine with either. I was looking at this for a while and didn't preorder before because I was told there were only a couple of preorders in the queue.

If there's not an exact date, is there a rough idea at all? Is it something that could happen soon or are we looking at a bit of a wait again?

Thanks.

We have requested pre-order numbers from OcUK and once we know this, will be able to give more accurate info based on what qty of stock is coming,

Should be soon though.

Will update when received info.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
We have requested pre-order numbers from OcUK and once we know this, will be able to give more accurate info based on what qty of stock is coming,

Should be soon though.

Will update when received info.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Atom,

Just received the 2 CF2s. We're pretty impressed with them!

The only problem we've encountered thus far is that the Smart Manager is not working. When we try to start it up, the screen flickers a bit, and the process can be found in the task manager, but the GUI does not show up. Some of the function keys also don't work as a result (brightness doesn't work, but volume does for instance). The Smart Update, and the Gigabyte Fusion work though.

Any ideas on how to fix this? According to the Smart Update, we have the latest version of Smart Manager. The Smart Manager on the Gigabyte website is an older version, but that doesn't work for us either.

Thanks!

Associate
Hi Atom,

Just received the 2 CF2s. We're pretty impressed with them!

The only problem we've encountered thus far is that the Smart Manager is not working. When we try to start it up, the screen flickers a bit, and the process can be found in the task manager, but the GUI does not show up. Some of the function keys also don't work as a result (brightness doesn't work, but volume does for instance). The Smart Update, and the Gigabyte Fusion work though.

Any ideas on how to fix this? According to the Smart Update, we have the latest version of Smart Manager. The Smart Manager on the Gigabyte website is an older version, but that doesn't work for us either.

Thanks!

Download the latest version of both Smart Update & Smart Manager version directly from the Gigabyte website. I had the same problem on my old Aero 15 where Smart Manager sometimes wouldn't work on the factory supplied version & also where it stated that it was the latest version, even though it wasn't (according to the version on Gigabyte's version at the time). A fresh install of both of the software from the website sorted it out in my case.

Liam.

Associate
Download the latest version of both Smart Update & Smart Manager version directly from the Gigabyte website. I had the same problem on my old Aero 15 where Smart Manager sometimes wouldn't work on the factory supplied version & also where it stated that it was the latest version, even though it wasn't (according to the version on Gigabyte's version at the time). A fresh install of both of the software from the website sorted it out in my case.

Liam.

Hi Liam,

I downloaded both the Smart Manager and the Smart Update from Gigabyte's website last night, and updated both of them using Smart Update. Unfortunately, Smart Manager is still not working.

I should note that I did a clean reinstall of Windows after receiving the laptop to remove some of the bloatware (little did I know that bloatware was required!). Smart Manager was working before that, i.e. the 'clean' install of Windows from the factory. No such luck with the new install of Windows.

I'll try doing that again later tonight when I'm off work.

Thanks!

Associate
Hi Liam,

I downloaded both the Smart Manager and the Smart Update from Gigabyte's website last night, and updated both of them using Smart Update. Unfortunately, Smart Manager is still not working.

I should note that I did a clean reinstall of Windows after receiving the laptop to remove some of the bloatware (little did I know that bloatware was required!). Smart Manager was working before that, i.e. the 'clean' install of Windows from the factory. No such luck with the new install of Windows.

Thanks!

Did you do a full SSD wipe prior to doing the clean install of Windows or did you just re-format the Windows partition on the drive? Either way it sounds like you may be missing a core software component for Smart Manager to operate properly. I can't remember what it might be off the top of my head but I know 2-3 Gigabyte programs / framework of some description are needed for everything to work right.

If you have done a full SSD wipe, you may have to install everything off the Gigabyte website all over again for trial and error. If you are able to re-install Windows via Gigabyte's factory restore partition then that would be great as it should all then work once it's full setup. In my opinion the Aero 15 didn't have much intruding / annoying bloatware that would hog the laptops resources as such and was fine for me to use straight away.

Liam.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Liam,

Thanks!

Hi T_Tornado - looks like you have received some good support from @LEK-89, thanks Liam. Please let us know if you have now managed to restore the system to full functionality, and if not we will put you in touch with someone who can advise.

Look forward to hearing back from you,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Ditto, I'm down for one of these if there's a sweetener...

@Atom80 When are you expecting the next load of stock? I missed out on the last batch.

Last edited:
Associate
HI Guys and probably more @Atom80 , just a few questions a bout the laptop. I'm quite interested in buy it, at the moment is in the top of my list, but I need it to be able to run VR too, by hardware is fine but I would lik eot know if the HDMI is conected directly to the GPU (at the moment I own a p35v3 and the HDMI is connected to the cpu gpu and not the graphic card, doing using Oculust impossible.

And the second would be, when are you expecting new stock?

Cheers!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
HI Guys and probably more @Atom80 , just a few questions a bout the laptop. I'm quite interested in buy it, at the moment is in the top of my list, but I need it to be able to run VR too, by hardware is fine but I would lik eot know if the HDMI is conected directly to the GPU (at the moment I own a p35v3 and the HDMI is connected to the cpu gpu and not the graphic card, doing using Oculust impossible.

And the second would be, when are you expecting new stock?

Cheers!

HI kililoqey - Sorry for delay, and thanks for your interest.

Yes, the HDMI is connected to the GPU in the AERO range, they are therefore VR ready and can run headsets via the HDMI port.

With regards to stock, we are expecting deliveries to arrive within the next 2 weeks. As with previous shipments, the quantity is limited so we would advise to place pre-orders where possible.

Thanks again, and if you have any further questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hello Atom80,

I currently have the same problem too as T_Tornado, where I too did a full ssd wipe and after reinstalling Smart manager and Smart Update, Smart Manager refuses to launch.

It does make the screen flicker, and nothing else happens. And yes, prior to the reformat, it worked with no issues.

I am not sure what to do right now, and I'd like to enjoy all the features the laptop can offer.

I am currently using the Aero 15.
Please assist me.

Thank you!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello Atom80,

I currently have the same problem too as T_Tornado, where I too did a full ssd wipe and after reinstalling Smart manager and Smart Update, Smart Manager refuses to launch.

It does make the screen flicker, and nothing else happens. And yes, prior to the reformat, it worked with no issues.

I am not sure what to do right now, and I'd like to enjoy all the features the laptop can offer.

I am currently using the Aero 15.
Please assist me.

Thank you!

Hi ChikaItoh - sorry we missed this post.

Have you updated to latest Windows10 version - "1709"?

Can you update Smart Manager from this link: SMART UPDATE

Let us know if that cures problem.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom