• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti 11G- Before I RMA

Associate
Looking for any suggestions,

Using with a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H Black Edition Mobo & Flower 650W PSU

So I swapped out ,my solid stable Gigabyte GTX970, for this new card received today.
All looks good on power up, all lit up nice without any bad power warning LED's. And then the fun starts :/

It may reboot itself just after POST, it may reboot itself during windows loading, it may just display a black screen whilst windows appears to be loading ok in the background, judging by disk activity. Mobo POST LED indicates code A0.
Booting Windows in Safe Mode seems OK.
On occasion it might actually let me log into windows normally, but at anywhere between 1 second and 10 minutes it will reboot the PC again. Although I did actually once manage to get through a 3DMark Timespy benchmark and was browsing through the results when it flipped again.
Now before you say it, PSU - Ok so 650W is not much headroom above the suggested 600W minimum. So I have tried a spare Corsair CM850 which I had on standby. No difference.
I have reset the CMOS, ran with optimised defaults. Checked PCI-E using Gen3 etc.
I have also (when able to boot safe mode) Reinstalled the NVidia drivers 388.71 using clean mode install (Dont think DDU is necessary, clean should be enough).

Just checked BIOS version. I'm already on the last one (9D)

I hate having to go through the RMA process, so really hoping someone has an idea for anything I may have missed.

Last edited:
Associate
If possible try it on other PCs before return it and latest nvidia driver is 390.65.

Also, your psu should be fine, I used to run my 1080ti with a 450w psu without any problem.

Soldato
Try a different cable/port maybe?

Also, as has been said, if you have to return it, don't RMA. You have 30 days to return for full refund. And then buy a new card.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your suggestions. Gonna get my money back, Stick with the 970 for now.

Oh, and guys. I think maybe need to look up what RMA means, cant really return the merchandise back to OC without one can I?

Soldato
Thanks for your suggestions. Gonna get my money back, Stick with the 970 for now.

Oh, and guys. I think maybe need to look up what RMA means, cant really return the merchandise back to OC without one can I?

Within 30 days you just need to provide proof of purchase i.e. receipt. Mention to them you suspect it's faulty/DOA and they'll either offer a refund or replacement without the hassle of going through regular RMA proceedings.

Back
Top Bottom