gigabyte aorus 3070 master water block

Associate
Hi guys do any of you guys know of any blocks that will fit the above card?

been having a little look online and found 2 Chinese ones but not much info on them in terms of reviews and such.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Associate
OP
The Barrow BS-GIX3070-PA fits your card and so does the Bykski N-GV3070AORUS-X. Both are excellent brands but you may have to get them from Aliexpress. My Bykski block arrived in only 9 days so not too long to wait.

thanks for the reply I noticed they both done it although I had never heard of them before. Do you have any idea if any of the EK backplates would work with that block? I'm doing a nickel build and wanted the nickel backplate from EK but dont know if it would work or not

Man of Honour
No idea although all blocks have to use the same holes on the actual card. The Bykski block for my Gigabyte RTX3070 Vision OC came with it's own black backplate which looks pretty nice. Black wouldn't exactly go with your nickel theme though. Something else you will need to address is that once the stock cooler is removed you are going to need new power cables. My card has a pair of single row 8 pin connectors on the cards PCB and while my block also came with a pair of power cables I don't trust them. They have 18awg printed on the cables but are extremely thin wires that look more like 20-22awg so I have made my own from 16awg silicon wire. I already had all the tools for making cables so just needed to find the correct single row 8 pin connectors along with the 8 pin pci-e connectors for the other end so it wasn't a problem for me. As far as I can tell you can't buy these cables ready made anywhere. This review is of the Gaming OC but has the pair of single pin connectors I am trying to describe, if you click on the last image on this page you can see the connectors fixed to the cards backplate and if you click on the first image here you can see the pair of sockets on the end of the PCB that these go into. Nvidia just had to mess with the power connectors!!

Associate
OP
No idea although all blocks have to use the same holes on the actual card. The Bykski block for my Gigabyte RTX3070 Vision OC came with it's own black backplate which looks pretty nice. Black wouldn't exactly go with your nickel theme though. Something else you will need to address is that once the stock cooler is removed you are going to need new power cables. My card has a pair of single row 8 pin connectors on the cards PCB and while my block also came with a pair of power cables I don't trust them. They have 18awg printed on the cables but are extremely thin wires that look more like 20-22awg so I have made my own from 16awg silicon wire. I already had all the tools for making cables so just needed to find the correct single row 8 pin connectors along with the 8 pin pci-e connectors for the other end so it wasn't a problem for me. As far as I can tell you can't buy these cables ready made anywhere. This review is of the Gaming OC but has the pair of single pin connectors I am trying to describe, if you click on the last image on this page you can see the connectors fixed to the cards backplate and if you click on the first image here you can see the pair of sockets on the end of the PCB that these go into. Nvidia just had to mess with the power connectors!!

thanks for the reply it should work then with another backplate I will give it a try I guess! As for the power cables on my aorus master the power cables are located on the pcb as you can see from this pic. I am not sure if I will have the same issue as you
8226-top.jpg

Man of Honour
I think you will be ok with that. Mine are at the very end of the card so they made this stupid lash up of wires and connectors to get power to the PCB. Why on earth they didn't move them further up the card so it could retain the normal pci-e connectors is beyond me.

It's a pity you will lose that screen by watercooling the card as seeing the temp would be handy.

Back
Top Bottom