Gigabyte Aorus b450 I pro WIFI not booting or posting

Associate
Please can someone advise me. I am really struggling here.

I am building a PC for my sister. I brought a Aorus b450 I pro wifi and a ryzen 7 3700x and a gigabyte 2060 super gpu. and corsair 16 g ram, plus hard drives.

I have put the whole thing together and switched it on but nothing happens apart from the fans spinning. So no post. The box the motherboard came in has a sticker saying Ryzen 3000 desktop ready so I assume the bios has already been updated to accept the ryzen cpu. I have tried everything I have seen by googling. I left it running for over 10 minutes, nothing re seated ram and CPU, nothing, disconnected the storage, nothing, When I try and power down, by holding the power button, all that happens is the power button flashes, but pc will not turn off unless I switch off from mains. I have ordered a older gen CPU in case it is still a bios compatibility issue, then I can update bios if it is, but since the box the motherboard came in has a sticker saying ryzen 3000 desktop ready I shouldn't need to. I have tried to clr the cmos, still nothing. any help would be appreciated. Many thanks all

Associate
As well as the big, 24-pin power cable, have you also plugged in the extra CPU power cables? They'll be up near the CPU, usually to the top-left as the board is mounted in most cases. The cables will be marked 'CPU' or 'ATX12v' from the power supply.

Missing these gives your exact symptoms... Worth a check!

Also worth making sure you've got the piddly little front-panel connectors in the right place- reset button, power switch etc

Associate
OP
yep all cables plugged in correctly including the 12v atx near cpu top left corner double, checked all little connectors.i have taken off cpu several times and re seated, also if I press the reset switch nothing happens, tried 2 different hdmi cables nothing. could it be a dead board rather than cpu.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yep only 2 slots available. both slots taken with x2 8g sticks. I have tried taking them out and putting back in 1 at a time still nothing.

Associate
OP
will have to wait till tomorrow ordered a ryzen 3 1200, which works on bios f1. hopefully it will boot, in which case I can check bios, if it boots up. if it doesn't that means dead board.

Associate
OP
yeah I tried taking out the gpu, but realised that the ryzen 7 3700 does not have intergrated graphics so I need the gpu in there. either way it done the same thing. I have built many high end pc's in the past with no real major issues. I know this is not high end but this is the first time I have encountered anything like this.

Soldato
yeah I tried taking out the gpu, but realised that the ryzen 7 3700 does not have intergrated graphics so I need the gpu in there. either way it done the same thing. I have built many high end pc's in the past with no real major issues. I know this is not high end but this is the first time I have encountered anything like this.
Try loosening the cooler people have had issues with over tightened coolers

Associate
OP
The cooler is a wraith prism cooler that came with it. in order to lock it down it has a latch ad 2 fixing hooks. you have to flip a latch in order to fix the cooler down. hopefully the 1st gen ryzen will arrive today. figers crossed after I fit it in it will boot, ad I will be able to see what is going on. I just hope it boots up with the older gen processor, otherwise I will return the board and get something else. If some knows of a average priced board that has 2x usb 3.0 headers on the board and a usb type c header, so that I am able to connect all my front usb ports to the board. which use ryzen 7 cpu.

Associate
OP
Just a update. So The Ryzen 3 1200 turned up yesterday and I tried it in the board. Still nothing. All switched on, fans spinning but, NO POST. So I have returned the Board and the Ryzen 3 1200. I have ordered a X570 Aorus elite. Since the new build will mainly be used for office work, and maybe light gaming by an 8 year old, this new board X570 Aorus Elite with 16gig ram, Ryzen 7 3700x should be fine. Just as long as this new board works tomorrow. plus the x570 has 2x usb 3.0 headers and 1- type c usb header, to fit the Coolermaster h500m case.i brought a dual band wifi/bt 5.0 card also. the gpu is a Gigabyte 2060super rtx. I will Update tomorrow after fitting the new Motherboard.

Associate
OP
So I installed the Aorus X570 elite yesterday with the Ryzen 7 3700x. And all is working. So I am pretty sure that the Aorus b450 I pro wifi board was dead on arrival. In a weird way I was glad the other board was dead as the X570 Aorus Elite has all the PCIe and USB headers I need, and I just brought a separate WIFI/BT 5.0 pci card separate I stuck in. It may have cost a little more but at least it has the connectivity I require, as the B450 didn't have 2x usb 3.0 headers and a type c header, which I needed. I was only able to connect 1 x usb 3.0 header on it. My only concern now is there is no post beep, when the new PC boots up, but everything is working as it should, just no post beep. I have read it may have something to do with UEFI bios, and fast boot. I have a Case speaker connected. it did initially beep when I turned it on first time, but after updating the bios to F11, no Beep. is this normal.

Back
Top Bottom