• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 3090 no post

Associate
Hello guys ! First let me apologize for my ENG i will try my best.
I need help with my new gigabyte aorus xtreme 3090. My pc spec. is :

MOBO : Gigabyte gaming g1 X99
CPU : 5820 k
RAM : 16 GB corsair dominator

My pc wont post with 3090 instaled. It just keeps boot looping. Mobo stuck at B6,04 or B1 after that it turn itself off and start another loop with same results. When i insert my old 1080ti pc works fine. I know 3090 works fine. Tried it with my second pc (MSI Z77 Mpower, 3770k) it post and work without problem.
My PSU is Seasonic platinum 1000w original cables connected separatly (no diasy chain)

Things i tried so far :

- reset bios at least 5x (even took battery out)
- flashed latest motherboard bios
- switched to second bios
- changed PSU
- checked card if is fully seated in slot (i did this many time)
- checked if PCIE cables are fully connected (i did this many times)
- disconnected all USB devices
- disconected all HDD and SSD
- disconected everything except GPU
- tried different display ports on GPU
- i cant see any shorts, nothing is in contact with GPU

Im slowly running out of ideas what to try next. Take motherboard out of case and try if it boots?

Swaping GPU for my old 1080ti and pc start working without issue. Is this issue becouse of old platform? I know x99 is old, im planing upgrade in near feature. I game at 4k 60fps. I used this PC for last 5 years without problem.

Thanks you guys for reading this and for any advice.

Thomas

Soldato
Thing with X99 is you need to make sure which PCIe lane is initialized first for gpu on some motherboards or some compatibility mode or making sure you forced PCIe gen 3.0 in the BIOS with the working card and then change cards. Also have you looked up the error codes ?

Another thing to try is flip the bios switch on the extreme to the other bios if you haven't and see if that helps too. Also check there is no BIOS update for the extreme too on their site.

Get the error codes worked out from the manual, then list what the errors are. Also add a link to your user manual here and I can have a look threw the bios page to see if you may need to change something on the working card so you can see the bios then to install the extreme.

Also are you using a PCIe Riser to mount the card vertically or is it stuck right into the PCiE 16 lane socket nearest the cpu? More info would help.

Soldato
In the BIOS page, find this bellow.

PCIe Slot Configuration Allows you to set the operation mode of the PCI Express slots to Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3. Actual operation mode is subject to the hardware specification of each slot. Auto lets the BIOS automatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

Set to Gen 3 and save the settings in BIOS. Then remove the 1080 check with the extreme and see if that helps as the 3090 will work on Gen 3 and 4.

Soldato
B6 Clean-up of NVRAM.

B1 Runtime AP installation ends.

There is no 04 error code in the manual. Are you sure it's not D4 PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources.

Soldato
In the BIOS find this and set to disable too as a test.

CSM Support Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process.Enabled Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)Disabled Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.

Associate
OP
Thing with X99 is you need to make sure which PCIe lane is initialized first for gpu on some motherboards or some compatibility mode or making sure you forced PCIe gen 3.0 in the BIOS with the working card and then change cards. Also have you looked up the error codes ?

Another thing to try is flip the bios switch on the extreme to the other bios if you haven't and see if that helps too. Also check there is no BIOS update for the extreme too on their site.

Get the error codes worked out from the manual, then list what the errors are. Also add a link to your user manual here and I can have a look threw the bios page to see if you may need to change something on the working card so you can see the bios then to install the extreme.

Also are you using a PCIe Riser to mount the card vertically or is it stuck right into the PCiE 16 lane socket nearest the cpu? More info would help.

- PCIe lane 1 is set first for gpu in BIOS
- I switched to PCIe gen 3.0 (default was auto)
- Error D4 - PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources
- no new bios for 3090 xtreme
- switched 3090 xtreme bios, does not help
- no, im not using PCIe Riser . its right into PCiE 16 lane nearest the cpu socket

Are you on motherboard BIOS version - F23c?

Yes

B6 Clean-up of NVRAM.

B1 Runtime AP installation ends.

There is no 04 error code in the manual. Are you sure it's not D4 PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources.

You were righ its D4 PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources (this error i get in 90 % cases)

Set to Gen 3 and save the settings in BIOS. Then remove the 1080 check with the extreme and see if that helps as the 3090 will work on Gen 3 and 4.

I did, but does not help, still same boot loop ending with error D4 PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources

In the BIOS find this and set to disable too as a test.

CSM Support Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process.Enabled Enables UEFI CSM. (Default)Disabled Disables UEFI CSM and supports UEFI BIOS boot process only.

I disabled UEFI CSM but its still same as before - no post, same error D4

Thank you guys.

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom