Gigabyte Auros Elite x570 & Aerocool Aero One Eclipse RGB Case

Soldato
Hi all

I am just completing a new build and am really struggling to get control over the RGB of the aerocool case.

I have connected the case fans to the fan 6 port hub and then the hub to the motherboard using the DLED 1 and Sys Fan 1 connections on the motherboard.

When I boot up the case fans turn on and light up however, I cant get any control over them using the RGB Fusion app, nor can I adjust their speed. I would love to be able to get away from this ridiculous rainbow effect I have at the moment.

Has anyone successfully set this up?

Man of Honour
Fan speed is adjusted in the BIOS > Look for SmartFan ( you can adjust each header individually, my case fans run off the CPU-OPT header ( if that makes a difference )

DLED1 or 2 is correct for the rgb fans aslong as they are 3 pin 5v , so should be working

Are you pressing the case button that switches from auto RGB control to motherboard control ?

Mentioned here at 18minutes onwards about the rgb hub ;

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for taking time to help

When I look in smartfan, the RPM of the fans is not shown- do you think that could be an indication of something not being configured correctly?

RE the toggle, that is only active when you wire the reset button to the fan hub I e. You can wire it to the mobo as a traditional reset switch or use the connectors to connect to the hub and use the switch as an RGB toggle.

At the moment I have the switch being used to reset rather than toggle

Man of Honour
Thanks for taking time to help

When I look in smartfan, the RPM of the fans is not shown- do you think that could be an indication of something not being configured correctly?

RE the toggle, that is only active when you wire the reset button to the fan hub I e. You can wire it to the mobo as a traditional reset switch or use the connectors to connect to the hub and use the switch as an RGB toggle.

At the moment I have the switch being used to reset rather than toggle

SmartFan should be showing something in the bios, you can use a drop down to select which header the fan is on and adjust the speed with that - if none of the headers are showing a fan - then there is a problem.

What i would do is just connect a single fan directly to the header ( try a couple just to rule out a dodgy fan header ) - then check Smartfan.

Likewise with the RGB, connect a single fan direct to a DLED header, then use RGB Fusion to see if it changes modes.

If either of those work, you'll know that the issue is in the hub/hub set-up and not the fans or motherboard

EDIT ; SCRUB WHAT I WROTE ABOVE :D

Just wwatched some more of the YT link i posted - Your case fans have a custom connector so none of what i suggested above will work.

The only thing i can suggest is set it up as toggle mode and see if that works.
The trying a different header for the fan speed still applies though

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SmartFan should be showing something in the bios, you can use a drop down to select which header the fan is on and adjust the speed with that - if none of the headers are showing a fan - then there is a problem.

What i would do is just connect a single fan directly to the header ( try a couple just to rule out a dodgy fan header ) - then check Smartfan.

Likewise with the RGB, connect a single fan direct to a DLED header, then use RGB Fusion to see if it changes modes.

If either of those work, you'll know that the issue is in the hub/hub set-up and not the fans or motherboard

EDIT ; SCRUB WHAT I WROTE ABOVE :D

Just wwatched some more of the YT link i posted - Your case fans have a custom connector so none of what i suggested above will work.

The only thing i can suggest is set it up as toggle mode and see if that works.
The trying a different header for the fan speed still applies though
You were spot on - (in my view, this is beyond stupid) with no indication in the case manual that this needed to be done, you need to set it up in toggle (i.e. you dont have a reset button) mode AND mobo addressable mode and then use the toggle to make the fan hub accept signals from the mobo.

Thank you again for your help and mild genius!

Now to fiddle with smartfan

Soldato
OP
Fixed smartfan by plugging the hub into CPU Optional header.

In fairness to them Aerocool also replied within 24 hours to the same effect as your original reply.

Associate
You were spot on - (in my view, this is beyond stupid) with no indication in the case manual that this needed to be done, you need to set it up in toggle (i.e. you dont have a reset button) mode AND mobo addressable mode and then use the toggle to make the fan hub accept signals from the mobo.

Thank you again for your help and mild genius!

Now to fiddle with smartfan
Hey, I ran in the same problem as you, and I can't find a way how to turn my mobo into addressable mode. Could you please help me?

Back
Top Bottom