** GIGABYTE BLOW OPEN THE MONITOR SWEETSPOT**

Associate
@TwsT - Hi TwsT. Any further updates on next delivery please? Placed a pre-order last week. I see on a different thread some customers already received theirs, so guess I must've missed the first batch. Thanks.

Hopefully soon. My mate ordered from another company and has their montior now. Seems like a stock issue on GB side? Would like confirmation as it's been pre ordered for 2 weeks now.

Permabanned
The G32QC VA one got good reviews and one of the highest measured Contrast Ratio in a few pro reviews, far above the spec (think it was 6000+).

I personally would not buy an IPS for my use (web+gaming/some short movies) as I want proper black and good contrast.

I would have bought it if I had not seen the Odyssey G7 but it ended up a train-wreak.

Soldato
The G32QC VA one got good reviews and one of the highest measured Contrast Ratio in a few pro reviews, far above the spec (think it was 6000+).

I personally would not buy an IPS for my use (web+gaming/some short movies) as I want proper black and good contrast.

I would have bought it if I had not seen the Odyssey G7 but it ended up a train-wreak.

Not had a issue with ips for gaming but would like to upgrade to 1440p, 27". G27QC?

Permabanned
Not saying it has issues (outside IPS glow) just poor blacks and contrast, I grew up on CRT and Plasma so I cannot suffer those.

If you have the space get 32" it will not be blocky as it is the same PPI as 24" 1080p which was once classed as the sweet spot (it may be even better PPI as it will no doubt be a 31.5")

I have 20/16 vision (corrected) and I find 27" 1440p too small in Windows type usage (surfing etc) and scaling is not that great in Windows 10 yet in many things you install will not scale.

I see no point in having say a 27" 4k like some want and having 200-300 scaling outside of games/movies. (making numbers up as not worked out).

Soldato
Not saying it has issues (outside IPS glow) just poor blacks and contrast, I grew up on CRT and Plasma so I cannot suffer those.

If you have the space get 32" it will not be blocky as it is the same PPI as 24" 1080p which was once classed as the sweet spot (it may be even better PPI as it will no doubt be a 31.5")

I have 20/16 vision (corrected) and I find 27" 1440p too small in Windows type usage (surfing etc) and scaling is not that great in Windows 10 yet in many things you install will not scale.

I see no point in having say a 27" 4k like some want and having 200-300 scaling outside of games/movies. (making numbers up as not worked out).

Looking around now for in-stock monitors, any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Permabanned
No as I would not like to play you in to the Panel Lottery, it is a nightmare to get a decent flawless one (no stuck/dead pixels or excessive backlight glow) even if the actual make/model is good.

In many years that one I pointed you to was only one that grabbed my attention and then the G7 popped up on my radar.

I have a 27" and was on that G7 32" and I would prefer to still be on 32".

Soldato
No as I would not like to play you in to the Panel Lottery, it is a nightmare to get a decent flawless one (no stuck/dead pixels or excessive backlight glow) even if the actual make/model is good.

In many years that one I pointed you to was only one that grabbed my attention and then the G7 popped up on my radar.

I have a 27" and was on that G7 32" and I would prefer to still be on 32".

I'm aware of the lottery with panels and sometimes reluctant to buy new monitors because of this, but would like a decent size and resolution.

Soldato
Any suggestions? Kinda leaning on the 32" flavour.

i have their first aorus screen, but would turn it in for their new 34" ultra wide. speciially working at home. use to have dual 24" at work and now on single 27" is a paiin!

dont mind VA vs IPS . Monitor is IPS but samsung TV is VA (80T)

OH WOW... almost £100 off the 32" ! damn... yeaah., worth the trigger reviews look good

165hz vs my older aorus 144hz too

down side is display port 1.2 . Had to dorp to 120hz on my aorus to get HDR working but only at HDR400 rating soo most of ttime just leave it off for max Hz with rtx 2080

Soldato
i have their first aorus screen, but would turn it in for their new 34" ultra wide. speciially working at home. use to have dual 24" at work and now on single 27" is a paiin!

dont mind VA vs IPS . Monitor is IPS but samsung TV is VA (80T)

Yeah the 34" is on pre-order and prefer something that's in-stock currently as required asap.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom