• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte G1 1080 RGB problem - RGB LED stuck on red

Associate
New system from OC. Over the moon with it, apart from one minor issue. No matter what I do, or try, the pesky LEDs on the side of the graphics card refuse to display any colour other than red.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling GB's RGB Fusion and Aorus Gaming SW, with no luck. It all loads up, recognises the G1 1080 card you can move the colour sliders / change effects etc but the LED remain solid red. The RGB Fusion works fine with the lighting on the motherboard without any problem at all.

Tried this fix (didn't work for me) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/929321-solved-gigabyte-gtx-1080-g1-rgb-not-working-issue/

@GIGA-Man is this something you can advise on? What next? I don't really want to have to send the whole system back but is it reasonable to ask for a different graphics card? It feels like a software issue but I want to get on and enjoy my new PC, not spend hours faffing about.

Soldato
I had similar issue when I wanted the colour to stay on red. With the latest drivers I couldnt do it, I then installed one of the last drivers and it worked.

Also used Gigabytes Xtreme Gaming Engine.

Associate
OP
It’s randomly starting working properly now...old version of RGB Fusion that I’d installed before giving up trying to get it working yesterday...Switched PC on this morning and it lit up same colour as the mobo!

Maybe the overnight power-down helped.

Ree

Ree

Associate
cant believe this is still an issue, i had this problem with my 1060 g1 back when the card was just released.

Back
Top Bottom