Gigabyte G27Q Review

Soldato
Gigabyte 27" G27Q 2550x1440 IPS 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Backlit Widescreen Gaming.

I haven't posted like this before but thought I'd write a review of this, to better inform. I've been using this for about 2 months.

Pluses:

The panel is generally nice, 144hz refresh feels very smooth, the colours are vibrant and saturated, compared to my old Dell 1440p IPS penal it looks, sooooo much better.

Cons:

The button to change inputs is behind the panel, and not near the edge either, it's in a very awkward place. Won't be an issue if you only have your monitor plugged into one source (eg your PC) however I work from home and use it for both my work laptop and home PC, and need to change inputs regularly and it's a pain.

There is a fair amount of backlight bleed around the edges, you dont really notice it when your in Windows/games, but on a blank black screen/ I imagine in movies, it's very noticeable.

When you switch sessions, as in from full screen 3D, regular to HDR, the monitor blanks out for a second, but occasionally it also does it shortly after but actually in game even without a session change, I've googled this and others have reported it to.

By far the biggest annoyance though it the monitor is glitchy when alt-tabbing. To give you an example, sometimes when you alt-tab, it'll exit to windows, and you can move your mouse pointer around, but it's like windows has super low fps, and you can't click anything on your taskbar etc,even though you can see it, hard to describe. This also occasionally happens just when closing down a game normally back into windows, you basically then have to power down your PC because you are unable to click anything on the desktop.

The issue is definitely the monitor, as nothing else was changed on an otherwise stable PC for many years.

Due to this I cannot recommend this monitor.

Edit: another thing actually, the viewable panel doesn't go right up to the edge of the bezel on the sides, top, it's wierd there is like a 3-5mm gap where it is just blank screen, again I've googled this and it is normal, and I don't doubt the screen size is correct, just looks a little cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom