Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

ljt

ljt

Soldato
OP
Doh!

This is a bit hard to explain, but you can confirm if its actual dead pixels by putting your mouse cursor over where they are (when looking straight on) then move your head position while maintaining eye contact with the defect. If it stays within the cursor boundary then its definitely dead pixel, but if it moves around as you move then it's more than likely dust between the layers.

I have a tiny defect on my current monitor, but thankfully its right at the top of the screen, it turns out it's dust, not a dead pixel

Associate
Got mine on friday and the display is amazing - but I have an issue too - the joystick for changing settings won't go 'up'. Only L, R & and down. Overclockers said to send it back - so hope my replacement is OK... Anyone else have this issue? (Have you tested your joysticks?) Hoping its an isolated thing as I love it otherwise - moved up from 60Hz life and whoahhhhh

Associate
Joystick works all good, though it took me ages to figure out how to switch the thing off! Don't like how you need to long press the joystick to completely switch off the monitor, or else it goes into standby mode with a blinking LED when you shutdown the PC.

Associate
Really interested in this monitor. Currently have a 5 year old Dell S2716DG. Served me well but I'm looking to step it up a bit.

Don't really want to spend a lot as I'm secretly holding out for smaller OLEDs to appear (not anytime soon I fear).

This Gigabyte looks right up my alley as an interim upgrade until OLED on the desktop becomes a reality. I'm just a little bit concerned about the supposed black smearing. Has anybody else come from a TN to a VA, and how was your experience?

Associate
Hi. Anyone seen any info about next batch ETA? I placed a pre order last week, but must've missed the first batch. Have posted same query in another post, so if I hear anything there, I'll share here. Thanks.

Associate
No. You have to wait
Personnally I am still waiting for more reviews. But from every 34 low price reviews I saw, this gigabyte seems the best.

Associate
I'm really interested in this monitor, and good to see some reviews coming out.

I'm looking to use it with an iMac, but am not sure I'll be able to view it straight on - might be off to one side a touch. Anyone who has one, what's the viewing angles like of you swivel the screen a touch?

(Not ideal, I know!)

Associate
I was never into ultra wide monitors and was considering the Gigabyte G32QC around £380 and Dell S3220DGF but for £400 this might be the best one.

Associate
Hi. NVidia haven't tested it fully yet, but doesn't mean there could be an issue. As more and more reviews appear, no one's mentioning any issues with G-Sync yet. There are thousands of monitors on the market, NVidia's more focused on releasing graphics cards than qualifying monitors right now.

dee

dee

Associate
Be prepared for a host of daft questions.......

Getting a new build sorted and need a new monitor. Mainly gonna be playing driving sims so was thinking of a triple screen setup that you see on youtube from some of the Euro Truck simulators uploaders. Don't think their screens are particularly superb but the full view from the car/truck etc., is great.

Would this monitor be nice as the centre piece of a 3 screen setup? Would 2 cheap 32" TVs work either side?

Also, would be gfx card struggle with this monitor - new system is a Ryzen 3700x, 32gb 3600 ram, nvme drive, 1660 super GFX (will upgrade to a 3070/3080 in the next year or so.....) - would that be ok for this monitor?

Also, how would you go about connecting the triple screen setup?

Thanks for any advice!!

Back
Top Bottom