1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 and Swiftech Storm

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Skilty, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Skilty

Hitman

Hi Guys,

Very quick question, will the Swiftech Storm fit on the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 without catching on the passive cooling for the VRM? From the screenshots I can't really tell and I am not sure if the Storm has the same footprint as the standard Conroe cooler.

Any feedback welcome as I want to order today so I get it for Friday as I am in Frankfurt today and tomorrow :rolleyes:

2. Stelly

Don

I use a AquaXtreme MP-05 SP on that board and it fits fine :)

Stelly

3. Skilty

Hitman

Thanks matey will put my order in today, got a refund on my Bad Axe in the end as they won't be available for 2 weeks.

How are you finding the DS4? Also I can't remember but is it Crossfire compaitble or is the second PCI Express slot just a x4 or x8 slot?

Cheers
    Skilty

4. Stelly

Don

Yup no cross fire as the chipset does not support it, I would upgrade the BIOS as it gives a good performance increase

Stelly

5. james32

Hitman

stelly did you get raid to work on the board?

6. Skilty

Hitman

Not a big deal at the moment as I will stick with my nVidia 7800GTX 512 and then upgrade it and the motherboard when Vista is available.

Ok thanks for the heads up off to order it :(