1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF memory problem

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Herr_Ando, 2 Feb 2006.

1. Herr_Ando

Associate

I stupidly bought this motherboard (http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8N51GMF.htm), purely on the basis that it was socket 754 and pci express.

My issues I'm having is this :

[​IMG]

Firstly, I presume the frequency should be 200mhz. I am using Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 from ocuk. The board runs only at 200mhz when i put in only a single stick of ram, putting in the other puts the frequency back to 160mhz. i tried different ram with the same result. Using more than a single stick reduces the frequency. Can anyone tell me why?

Also the other big issue i have is with the memory timings. my RAM should be CL2, but this board detects it as CL3, and has no memory options in the bios what-so-ever to change the timings. Is there anything I can do about this?

Whats strange is when I put in my older patriot memory, it detects it as CL2 and it works fine, but for some reason, corsair doesnt seem to have the timings built in.