Gigabyte GA-P55A series

Associate
Currently having a look at these motherboards, in particular the high-end ones. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the UD5, UD6 and UD7? All seem to have practically identical features and specifications, with barely anything to differentiate them.

(First person to say "the UD6 and UD7 cost more" gets slapped around with a wet kipper :p)

Soldato
Currently having a look at these motherboards, in particular the high-end ones. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the UD5, UD6 and UD7? All seem to have practically identical features and specifications, with barely anything to differentiate them.

(First person to say "the UD6 and UD7 cost more" gets slapped around with a wet kipper :p)
Added onto the P55A-UD7, is a PLX and NF200 chip. NVIDIA’s NF200 chip provides an additional 32 PCI-E lanes and the PLX chip provides additional lanes for USB 3.0 and SATA 3 (6Gbps).

The NF200 chip allows for full speed three-way SLI and Crossfire and the PLX chip adds more lanes for the USB 3.0 and SATA 3.

p55a.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ah, the nForce 200 chip - UD7 looks particularly interesting now. Thanks! :)

From that chart, the only difference I can now see between UD5 and UD6 is 24 phase power rather than 12 phase. How does that make a difference? Does it help with overclocking?

Soldato
Ah, the nForce 200 chip - UD7 looks particularly interesting now. Thanks! :)

From that chart, the only difference I can now see between UD5 and UD6 is 24 phase power rather than 12 phase. How does that make a difference? Does it help with overclocking?
Not really sure to be honest, the UD4 has 12 phases which I have - I only use 1 graphic card so it's good enough for me, I could have got away with using the UD3 to be honest, will still clock a CPU to 4GHz + :)

Back
Top Bottom