• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte GTX 460

Soldato
Hey all,

Slightly frustrated in that my gfx card is seemingly having issues (rig works fine with another card inserted but crashes with this one inserted). Bought from OCUK about 18 months ago direct from the store it seems that because I can't find my original receipt I'm shafted despite just being told it should still be in warranty. Just called up and OCUK apparently don't track anything other than order numbers via in store sales. So no name, no address, nothing. If I'd bought it online it would be all fine and dandy it seems.

On the Gigabyte website it says to get in touch with the supplier for RMA details. So now I'm in the situation where I have a gfx card in warranty, but seemingly nobody wants to take it in for repair/replacement.

Any ideas at all? Does anyone have any experience or contacts at Gigabyte to allow me to send it in directly? Surely someone (retailer or manufacturer) must keep a record of serial numbers, otherwise what's the point in having them? The mind boggles :confused:

Any help you can offer will be appreciated. Cheers all!

Soldato
OP
I do have a bank statement but not much good if OCUK don't keep tabs on anything other than the order number. Proof of purchase isn't the issue. My issue is I don't know what the order number is :(

As for getting in touch directly I'll have another gander at their support. First time around that I checked it points you to the retailer which isn't really helping in this instance if they have no record of it.

Cheers stulid

EDIT: Just sent them an e-mail directly explaining the whole situation. Hopefully they will sort me out directly. If not then in the bin it goes..........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom