• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte GTX1080 warranty problem.

Associate
Hi, i've got a problem. Two days ago i bought used GTX1080 G1 Gaming and probably got cheated, that's only my fault, because i didn't checked it before buy. So, that gpu can't be found on mobo, i've tried on two PCs with the same result, today i'm going to check on third. The guy who selled me the card, gave me proof of purchase, but it was bought in the shop which doesn't exist anymore and i can't even send it for warranty, i tried by the other shops but they won't help. What can i do now? :(

Btw. if there's any spelling mistakes then sorry, i'm from Poland, so English isn't my primary language

Soldato
Hi, i've got a problem. Two days ago i bought used GTX1080 G1 Gaming and probably got cheated, that's only my fault, because i didn't checked it before buy. So, that gpu can't be found on mobo, i've tried on two PCs with the same result, today i'm going to check on third. The guy who selled me the card, gave me proof of purchase, but it was bought in the shop which doesn't exist anymore and i can't even send it for warranty, i tried by the other shops but they won't help. What can i do now? :(

Btw. if there's any spelling mistakes then sorry, i'm from Poland, so English isn't my primary language

@GIGA-Man

^Gigabyte rep on the forums so I suspect he will be able to help you out :).

Associate
you need to speak to gigabyte, shops wont care as you didn't purchase through them. You have proof of purchase so gigabyte should replace if they cant repair.

Caporegime
Gigabyte should have no qualms about fixing it if they can match the serial number and it is still within warranty (and obviously if it hasn't been damaged by the user and the problem is a manufacturing fault)

Associate
OP
you need to speak to gigabyte, shops wont care as you didn't purchase through them. You have proof of purchase so gigabyte should replace if they cant repair.
I wrote a mail to gigabyte yesterday, and still waiting for response. All my hope is in their support, otherwise i've lost a lot of money, time, fuel by driving from one to the other shop, and got mad asf

Gigabyte should have no qualms about fixing it if they can match the serial number and it is still within warranty (and obviously if it hasn't been damaged by the user and the problem is a manufacturing fault)
What do you mean by damaged by user? How user can damage the GPU if it wasn't dropped or something? It looks pretty good, brand new i would say, just don't give a signal to screen, fans works fine, RGB Gigabyte logo also.

Associate
OP
Gigabyte support responded.
Warto pamiętać, że każdy kraj ma różne zasady gwarancyjne. Nawiązując do Pana wiadomości, ponieważ sklep, w którym została zakupiona karta już nie istnieje; chcąc Panu pomóc, prosimy przesłać nam obraz(skan) faktury zakupu sprzętu i numer seryjny, byśmy mogli podjąć następne kroki.

What means something like -
You have to remember, every country has different rules of warranty. Reffering to your message, becouse shop where you bought the GPU went bust(?) and because we want to help you, please send for us a proof of purchase photocopy and the S/N, then we could go to the next step

So i think, that's half of success
I really hope they will help me

Associate
Hello all,

There is not much I can do to help here, I only manage the UK. Technically warranty is not transferable but I know we will try and help if you have the proof of purchase from the original sale, even if that seller is no longer in business we will cover the warranty period.

Back
Top Bottom