• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GIGABYTE RTX 2070 WINDFORCE X2 REV3.0 - Fan Rattle :(

Caporegime
Not sure what to do and why it's started doing it now after half a day's usage! The thing only arrived this morning :( and it runs really well performance wise, but the fans suck!

Basically at low RPM I can't hear it, at 80% only slightly, but anything over 80% or when the fan kicks in full pelt and comes back down (Msi Afterburner) it sounds like a rattlesnake! **** annoying as this is exactly what my PALIT 970 GTX did before that was returned for a rather nice and quiet EVGA 980 GTX.

Don't hardware makers test these things?

Any tips as due to this corona i'd rather not risk returning atm, and not getting a return for weeks.

Caporegime
OP
Can you not have the return collected from you?

It's not just that, but I have no graphics card to replace it with ( Isolation nothing for my Autism/Anxiety )
I can't get to the post office not good with people and it's closed Corvid-19

I'm really hoping they can deliver a new one and swap with the old one at the same time, or I'll have to wait weeks :(

https://streamable.com/0xk93

So gutted :(

Caporegime
OP
At least by returning it within 28 days of purchase, you can't be robbed off with it being repaired.

You're entitled to a refund or a new item.

They've said it can be picked up, but will need to be tested..

So much for my mental health and helping people in isolation!

Soldato
They also just told me they only have ONE technician! Most of the OCUK staff is working from home, and it may take a week! I've asked them to send out a replacement, and they can take mine as that would solve so many issues. Isolation is incredibly difficult atm!

What do I get? NO, that's our return policy. Didn't you just get over £300 from me yesterday?

I miss Mr Bailey :(
Bailey is brilliant for sorting things out surley you can send it back under the 14 day and when they get it back they can just send you a new one out the same day so maximum you'd be with out card should be 2 days I took a faulty card back and exchanged the same day

Soldato
i fully understand your situation and you have my utmost sympathies but i'm not sure what more you want them to do - replace the card without testing it themselves seems to be what you are asking for? you'll struggle to find any company willing to do that, especially at the moment. you have to realise that almost every **** and their cousin will be using the 'im in self isolation, i want extra help/super fast turn around' when returning things at the moment so they probably aren't able to cater for every request for a fast turn around. i'm not suggesting you aren't genuine but there will be plenty who aren't and are just trying it on.

Caporegime
OP
i fully understand your situation and you have my utmost sympathies but i'm not sure what more you want them to do - replace the card without testing it themselves seems to be what you are asking for? you'll struggle to find any company willing to do that, especially at the moment..

Leisure Promotions did ( Not a graphics card seller )

Girlfriends detector broke down in the field ( cost £600 ) AND that was over new years! They were really polite on the phone and got DPD to send a brand new one out at their cost, with being able to pick up the old detector as a replacement. They went out of there way to do so, was sent and recieved the next day. On the ball all the way through...

OCUK on the other hand

Soldato

Basically it's that... Terrible!

What's worse is the cards have now gone up to over £400!
So they're offering you a refund as soon as they get the card back but can't send a brand new card out after they recieve it even though you only got it yesterday you can still get a 2070 for under 400 pounds mate if you shop around its up to you if you want money back or have to wait for a replacement from them

Caporegime
OP
So they're offering you a refund as soon as they get the card back but can't send a brand new card out after they recieve it even though you only got it yesterday you can still get a 2070 for under 400 pounds mate if you shop around its up to you if you want money back or have to wait for a replacement from them

Extra £50 for the same card = refund

I'll have a think!

Soldato
i fully understand your situation and you have my utmost sympathies but i'm not sure what more you want them to do - replace the card without testing it themselves seems to be what you are asking for? you'll struggle to find any company willing to do that, especially at the moment. you have to realise that almost every **** and their cousin will be using the 'im in self isolation, i want extra help/super fast turn around' when returning things at the moment so they probably aren't able to cater for every request for a fast turn around. i'm not suggesting you aren't genuine but there will be plenty who aren't and are just trying it on.
It's a brand new card mate he only got it yesterday so I'd not be happy if they said this to me in his circumstances but on there side its this virus problem and they have shortage of staff but that's not the ops fault and yes they're offering a refund as soon as card gets to them but for some reason can't just replace it and could end up costing them as op could go elsewhere and spend his cash

Back
Top Bottom