Gigabyte X570 A Ultra - 5.1 sound from rear jacks

Associate
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with 5.1 surround sound set up with this board.

I am using the latest Realtek driver from the Gigabyte site. Have connected my logitech 5.1 system as per usual (orange, black, green jacks) but am unable to have applications (eg games) recognise this as a 5.1 system, they only see 2 speakers.

Nothing of use to be had by googling.

Thanks for any input,

Cheers!

Associate
Right-click the sound icon bottom right of taskbar. Open Sound Settings dialog box.

On the right, click Sound Control Panel. Find your output device (probably labelled 'speakers') and click Configure. First screen takes you to stereo, 2.1, 5.1 etc...

See if that makes any difference!

Soldato
Right-click the sound icon bottom right of taskbar. Open Sound Settings dialog box.

On the right, click Sound Control Panel. Find your output device (probably labelled 'speakers') and click Configure. First screen takes you to stereo, 2.1, 5.1 etc...

See if that makes any difference!
This should work had to do the same on another gigabyte board

Associate
OP
BINGO! How did I miss that??

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

Been trying to chase this down for a few days, quite a few articles out there with similar issues but no real resolution, mostly centred around trying to access the Realtek audio manager app.
Following searches on the codec (ALC1220-VB) was turning up some better stuff and I was about to try this :

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-manager-for-alc1220-vb-codec/449fb4df-bf4a-4e99-b6c3-94bcbe48c42b

Looks plausible. But no need now - the sound control panel did the job!

Associate
Hi M Pat
Having the same issue, but this did not fix, what colour combo did you use ie: Green to green pink to orange or black to ??? as mine only works with 2 speakers..

Help would be great

Thanks
Mike

Associate
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with 5.1 surround sound set up with this board.

I am using the latest Realtek driver from the Gigabyte site. Have connected my logitech 5.1 system as per usual (orange, black, green jacks) but am unable to have applications (eg games) recognise this as a 5.1 system, they only see 2 speakers.

Nothing of use to be had by googling.

Thanks for any input,

Cheers!

See post above :)

Back
Top Bottom