Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
Must be a faulty module, if some of you with the same MB and exactly the same RAM manage to get it to work. I'm probably going to send the ram back

LOADS of errors on MemTest once the working module is set on XMP. I'll test without XMP activated, just for fun, but I'm sending my RAM back.
I just can't decide if I order the same kit again :)

Last edited:
Associate
Same set unavailable with the famous online shop, so I might have to find a new set... I'll find that in a minute. I just want something that works now, it's the only thing keeping me from my new PC (moving from a 3570k!)
One question : is it risky for me to keep using one of the sticks, even if seems faulty, while I wait for my new RAM?

and I hope it actually is the issue here, I hope the same thing won't happen with the next Ram set :)

Associate
if you can identify which stick is faulty, then nothing stopping you from using the non faulty stick in the meantime, i wouldn't recommend using the faulty stick however.
run memory test on each stick individually whilst the other is pulled out.

Associate
I think I might end up using the one not taking in the XMP settings, as the other one gets errors in MemTest :)
I'll test a bit more, until then I need to choose a new set of Ram!

Associate
I think I might end up using the one not taking in the XMP settings, as the other one gets errors in MemTest :)
I'll test a bit more, until then I need to choose a new set of Ram!
sounds like a plan, just ignore xmp for now and manually set them to the same as xmp (cl16 with speed and voltages specified in the xmp) settings and run the single until you can replace it. :)

Associate
sounds like a plan, just ignore xmp for now and manually set them to the same as xmp (cl16 with speed and voltages specified in the xmp) settings and run the single until you can replace it. :)

ouch.
Several BSODs.
I HATE faulty Ram :)
Can't decide of a new set, any idea? I'm willing to pay a bit more than I paid for this one (191 euros), I'd like to keep 3200mhz CL16, but I can't decide which to order (and since I've been paid back on my customer account, I have no choice but ordering again on the same website :)

Associate
ouch.
Several BSODs.
I HATE faulty Ram :)
Can't decide of a new set, any idea? I'm willing to pay a bit more than I paid for this one (191 euros), I'd like to keep 3200mhz CL16, but I can't decide which to order (and since I've been paid back on my customer account, I have no choice but ordering again on the same website :)
32gb is what your after right?

Associate
ok, not in the QVL but I'm about to order this :

F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX

Do you guys think this will work with my Aorus Elite, and hopefully at 3200mhz? :)

Associate
No, I just want to have a chance to a working kit :) Last one (Corsair Vengeance) wasn't actually on the QVL, but was supposed to work. I just got a bad batch!
I'm ordering this one. Should be installed monday night, you'll hear from me on Tuesday hopefully!

Merci for your help ;)

Associate
I received my new RAM early...
Still doing the same thing. I'll test one module at a time again, but I fear I'll have to send back the motherboard. I'm just delighted.

Your opinion? since the same thing happens with the new Ram, must come from my MB right?

Last edited:
Associate
yea at this point it does sound like a faulty board :(, doe it work ok with manually set settings or do you still get bsods?

No bsods yet with the new ram, didn't run it long enough.
I stopped when I couldn't get xmp to work with the cmos reset all the time..

3000mhz seemed to work, but with crappy timings.
Most important thing, ran memtest quickly, no error.

Not like last ram set.

My question at the moment is : do I try another aorus elite?
Or another brand... I don't want to do this forever

Associate
I think its different to your problem, but Im still seeing some issues with the beta bios. This morning after a cold boot the system and gfx fans staid on full and it refused to post. The motherboard showed a CPU fault light. I powered off at the PSU (holding the power button down did nothing) and when I powered back on it reverted back to the old bios and booted ok.

I really hope they fix these issues soon. The board is being let down badly by some shoddy bios.

Associate
Ok I have to admit I'm lost. XMP profile is now OK. Most of the time, when I changed something in the Bios, it would reset it.
I have absolutely no idea why it's doing that. The only thing I changed though (while trying different things) was disabling CSM.

And guess what?

My PC has been working and booting normally (and quickly) since then.
I haven't decided to return my MB yet as a result. Memtest (done in Dram calculator) and OCCT reported no problem, it seems to be working normally.
I could leave it like that and see where it goes! ....
Or I could try to tighten ram timings a bit :))))

Oh, and I also flashed the bios again, I thought maybe something didn't go the way it should at first.
Even if it continues to work, I know I'll be flashing the bios again as soon as a new one comes out ^^

Back
Top Bottom