Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
After 3mo of headache, what fixed it for me was to use the XMP Profile 1, but then manually undervolt the DRAM.

User @MrPils first touched on this a year ago (page 4 of this thread?).

If you select the default XMP, it says its 1.35v. But when you restart, it seems to be running hotter, at 1.385v. So manually set it to 1.32 (it might round up to 1.33v) and restart. You should see the actual voltage now approx 1.35v

By doing this, I don't get the looooong attempts to post (where it is trying to find a valid DRAM config). And I can restart Win10 without issue. Sleep works properly. And its stable testing with 3DMark.

Hope that helps!
Nexus.
---
  • Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (oc 4.2mhz)
  • MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC 8gb
  • CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
  • NOCTUA NH D-15
  • ADATA 256GB NVMe x 2 (RAID 1)

Associate
What does your dram voltage read in bios? If it is reading more than 30mv over what you set (so higher than 1.38v if you set 1.35v) then try manually adjusting vTT voltage to be half your reported value. This fixed my issues (random cmos resets and memory instability at safe settings) with my Gigabyte X570 itx board.

This is what solved it for me. Although I just manually set my DRAM voltage to 30mv less and it's now stable

Associate
I have recently bought AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master (F12 BIOS), Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL16 2x16GB. I have enabled XMP, tested the memory with MemTest86, and everything was OK. The system was stable for 3 weeks.
After that I bought Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, and then the issues started. XMP was not working anymore, BIOS was resetting itself even for other things, not just only the XMP.
I tried enabling/disabling ErP, playing with Windows Power Settings, changing DRAM voltage (1.32, 1.33, 1.4), and nothing helped. I even tried the F13c BIOS, which stupid Gigabyte BIOS software reverted on the next boot.
Enabling XMP would in most cases turn off/on PC for 3 times right after saving BIOS changes, and revert it back to 2133 MHz. Sometimes, it would accept it, but after cold boot it would revert it. The HWInfo reported DRAM voltage from 3.68 to 3.8 V.

When I first installed 980 Pro, I tested it right away, to check the speeds. It maxed out at 5700/2500, a lot lower than claimed 7000/5000 speeds. Last thing I did is to manually set PCIe to Gen 3 inside the BIOS.
After setting that, BIOS stopped resetting itself and XMP was working again. Now, the HWInfo is reporting 3.44 V for the DRAM.
I believe AMD's implementation of PCIe Gen 4 is a mess, and it is not only causing stability issues but also the SSD is working worse than on Gen 3. After switching to Gen 3, 980 Pro is consistent at 3500/3500 speeds, and random speeds also improved.

I don't have GPU that supports Gen 4 yet, but I believe it will cause additional issues once I buy it.

The only reason why I chose AMD is PCIe Gen 4, and that is a mistake that will not be repeated. I hope they fix it in the near future, otherwise, I will probably sell it and go back to Intel.

Back
Top Bottom