Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Bios screen black

Associate
Hi all,

I'm running this board on BIOS version F11 and i don't seem to be able to get into the BIOS anymore. Screen goes black when i press the del key.

System
3800x
Corsair 3600mhz x4 8gb
EVGA 1080TI FTW 3

I noticed this reported on a few other forums, but wondered if anyone here knew of a fix?

Thanks
Darren

Associate
OP
Update - would appear that if i remove the most recent 16gb i installed, i'm able to get to the BIOS.

Is this a RAM fault or general bugs with the BIOS?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Hi,

Yes i originally had 16gb and added the identical stuff to the system.

The only change i made to the system prior to the new additional ram going in was enabling XMP profile 1. Do you think it's still worth resetting?

Associate
OP
To report - Done as suggested and it doest like booting into the BIOS with 32gb.
To be clear, it does boot into Win ok, but i get a daily crash dump. I suspect this might be a ram issue?

What do you think?

Soldato
To report - Done as suggested and it doest like booting into the BIOS with 32gb.
To be clear, it does boot into Win ok, but i get a daily crash dump. I suspect this might be a ram issue?

What do you think?
you mean it goes into windows
but you are getting blue screened? though not necessarily immediately?
run memtest and see if it shows errors

Associate
OP
I can boot into windows and use it relatively problem free for a number of hours and then i'll get a blue screen crash dump. These crash dumps have only been happening since the additional ram was installed yesterday.

Soldato
I can boot into windows and use it relatively problem free for a number of hours and then i'll get a blue screen crash dump. These crash dumps have only been happening since the additional ram was installed yesterday.
sounds like the ram then
run memtest to find out for more certainty though
any errors usually show up pretty quickly in memtest

Associate
OP
For good measure i'm running mem test with the original 16gb. It's gone beyond where it did last time without any faults.

Seems pretty conclusive i think.

Associate
OP
I've just boxed them up ready for return. I suppose i should have eliminated the slots being at fault by putting the new ram in slots used by the existing.

I'm fairly sure it's the memory though. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it. I'll post on Sat once i get the new stuff.

Soldato
I've just boxed them up ready for return. I suppose i should have eliminated the slots being at fault by putting the new ram in slots used by the existing.

I'm fairly sure it's the memory though. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it. I'll post on Sat once i get the new stuff.
Did just run memtest with just the 2 new sticks installed?

Ram may not be faulty but just unstable with 4.

Back
Top Bottom