Gigabyte Z490 Master F20 Bios resizable BAR

Soldato
EDIT: DON'T INSTALL F20 BIOS!! PROBLEMS WITH 10TH GEN CPU

Just noticed a new bios is out with resizable BAR now an option. I've installed, it took far longer than any previous bios took and the PC rebooted 10 times before I finally got to splash screen and bios. Have been able to turn on adjustable BAR. Not sure if it is working, will have to test the 2 different bios against each I guess and see if there is a FPS improvement. I do have a 3080 so I'm guessing it should work?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-MASTER-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Edit: I probably should have read their page fully :rolleyes: There was a BAR update for 10th Gen, F8. F20 is 11th Gen. Still it works and so far no problems.

Last edited:
Associate
I had my first crash this morning on f20, also yesterday I had the usb devices stop working and had to be unplugged and plugged back in, keyboard and mouse both stopped responding. other than that it has been running well for the last two weeks. I haven't been able to get a 30 series card as yet, currently running the Aorus 2080 super and it has made no difference to performance in benchmarks or games. Maybe a future driver release will allow an improvement.

Soldato
Well, my last two boards have been ROG and both came with various fixtures and fittings. Been a while since I've done a from scratch build and they usually come with more than 2 sata cables.

To clarify, I got my board a couple of days ago too. Motherboard, screws for m.2 pre-installed, 4 SATA cables, RGB Headers, 2 temp sensor cables, 1 audio sensor cable, 1 wifi antenna and a sticker pack, as well as manual and CD-ROM.

Did yours not come with the above?

Associate
Just picked up this board today for my new build. Weird it does not come with a single screw in the box and it's good its not a new build!

You will be happy with the board it is a beast, like I said I have had it since launch and the crash I had the other day was the first one after owning it, it overclocks well and runs the memory at high speeds no problem

Associate
To clarify, I got my board a couple of days ago too. Motherboard, screws for m.2 pre-installed, 4 SATA cables, 2 temp sensor cables, 1 audio sensor cable, 1 wifi antenna and a sticker pack, as well as manual and CD-ROM.

Did yours not come with the above?

Also should have come with some 4 pin RGB header extensions, and the only screws would be the m2 screws that are preinstalled, I have never had a motherboard with any other screws. Fitting screws normally come with your case.

Soldato
I do have a 3080 so I'm guessing it should work?

It's there but it won't do something useful without Nvidia support.

The CPU/mobo side seems to be the easy part seeing as there's evidence of an Intel cpu being able to get SAM-like results in performance increases using AMDs GPU and drivers.

Associate
It's there but it won't do something useful without Nvidia support.

The CPU/mobo side seems to be the easy part seeing as there's evidence of an Intel cpu being able to get SAM-like results in performance increases using AMDs GPU and drivers.

It will only work with NVIDIA when they release drivers for it, currently this hasn't happened as yet so it currently only works with AMD graphics cards

Associate
My guess is when they do their CES launch on the 12th of Jan they will release some new drivers that will give support for the 30 series cards to support resizable BAR

Soldato
OP
Don't install F20b bios. It causes problems and is for 11th Gen CPUs. I've got one bios back to F8 but can't boot into other bios to flash that, Even with bios switch set to single bios it gets stuck in post, reboots and switches over to other bios chip with F8 on. My own stupid fault for installing F20 and clicking "install on backup bios" as well :rolleyes: Going to have to use flash back option to get bother bios working again

Associate
Don't install F20b bios. It causes problems and is for 11th Gen CPUs. I've got one bios back to F8 but can't boot into other bios to flash that, Even with bios switch set to single bios it gets stuck in post, reboots and switches over to other bios chip with F8 on. My own stupid fault for installing F20 and clicking "install on backup bios" as well :rolleyes: Going to have to use flash back option to get bother bios working again

where did you did f20b bios from I have been running f20a dated 24th of Dec 2020 and that is the latest one according to their website, like i said I have only had the one issue where my USB devices stopped responding, i just had to unplug keyboard and mouse for them to respond again

Z490 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.K.

Soldato
OP
Running 20a here without issues.

I saw on Gigabyte forums it bricked a couple of peoples boards. They had to take everything off MB and use Flash Back Plus button to get F8 installed and the board back.

where did you did f20b bios from I have been running f20a dated 24th of Dec 2020 and that is the latest one according to their website, like i said I have only had the one issue where my USB devices stopped responding, i just had to unplug keyboard and mouse for them to respond again

Z490 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.K.

My mistake, its F20a and F8b

Back
Top Bottom