Gin

Caporegime
With the slightly warmer weather I'm thinking it'd be a good time to start enjoying a few G&Ts. Can anyone recommend a decent bottle of gin that I'd be able to get at a supermarket? I'm under the impression that Bombay Sapphire is the brand to have, whereas Gordons is the most popular in the UK. Any others?

Man of Honour
Beefeater is a good gin and stronger than Gordon’s which has been diluted in this country. You can get the stronger Gordon’s in duty free and on the continent. It has a yellow/orange flowery label.

Associate
It's got to be Plymouth for me

Gordon's is okay but its not a patch on Plymouth or Bombay in my opinion.

And Bombay Sapphire is ace but it's quite flowery and its expensive.

Man of Honour
Beefeater is a good gin and stronger than Gordon’s which has been diluted in this country. You can get the stronger Gordon’s in duty free and on the continent. It has a yellow/orange flowery label.

I thought it would just be by a few % but I picked a bottle up the other week from duty free and the stuff is a good 13%odd stronger

Associate
Bombay Sapphire or Hendricks for aromatic gins. Not a fan of 'punchy' gins like Gordons. Saying that though (for my palatte) it either has to be the best or the worst €3 stuff you get at the duty free and nothing inbetween.

Interested to know what the Gordons sloe Gin is like though

Soldato
With the slightly warmer weather I'm thinking it'd be a good time to start enjoying a few G&Ts. Can anyone recommend a decent bottle of gin that I'd be able to get at a supermarket? I'm under the impression that Bombay Sapphire is the brand to have, whereas Gordons is the most popular in the UK. Any others?

I prefer gordons over bombay sapphire because gordons is more crisp, and bombay has too many flavours.

I have a bar in my living room, i only drink gin with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgl2ZXshBTY. Its much nicer than tonic

Man of Honour
Personally i find bombay a bit herbal/floral - not dry enough - it's for girls. Gordon's is very ordinary, beefeater tastes like it has been passed through a cow.

If you want a really good gin get Tanqueray Ten, or if you don't want to spend that much Tanqueray (normal) or Plymouth - both excellent.

Soldato
Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. Gordon's is OK, tastes a bit harsh and as it's not much cheaper really, it's not worth going for unless it's on offer/dramatically cheaper IMO.

Gordon's Sloe gin is quite nice IMO re whoever asked above, but obviously it's a completely different kind of drink.

Back
Top Bottom