Gin

Soldato
Gin is the only drink I do not like. Don't know why, probably the taste left hanging around the morning after.

Just get a bottle of Finlandia and have a V&T instead! ;)

I'm a gin drinker all year round :D In order of preference (most favoured at top):

- Bombay Sapphire
- Tanqueray
- Blackfriars (Sainsbury's own)
- Beefeater
- Plymouth
- Gordon's Dry gin (note, white/transparent bottle!)
- Gordon's gin (green bottle)
- Greenall's
- Juniper Green

Guys, let's also do a roll call for tonic water. That's a trickier one for me, but I'm either going for Tesco's premium version or Schweppes (with lime).

Soldato
Hendricks is lovely stuff. (it's wonderful with lime, despite people insisting on putting cucumbers therein)
It's quite a sweet gin so could be a good option?

Or Tanqueray Ten, which I used to have as Gin of choice until I discovered I prefer the sweeter Hendricks.

Soldato
What's with all the "lime" ****? if I recently asked for a G&T in my local bar and got a wedge of Lime .... WTF? it should be Lemon; they had no Lemon so I left it on the bar without paying.

Now, going back many years ...... Gin and Orange (undiluted cordial) was the thing; introduced it to quite a few people recently (male and female) and they all liked it .... one can use any Gin too, so cheaper.

My sister is more of a vodka drinker and she keeps hers in the freezer. I copied her and put my gin in the freezer. By doing that, it means that I can serve the gin with tonic and not add ice, therefore making it less diluted. Does anyone else do the freezer trick? (btw, freezer temp according to my thermometer is -20C, still above freezing for gin)

Soldato
Plymouth gin with tonic (must not be that god awful slimline stuff + must contain quinine) and fresh lime slice.
Lime may be an abomination, but it works for me :p

Associate
Gordons and Schweppes as a preference for me.

In all honesty the quality of the tonic water tends to make more differance for me than the actual gin as I do drink Bombay saphire and Larios (a spanish brand that I happily recommend) with either Lemon or Lime.

Back
Top Bottom