Glorious PC Gaming Race GMMK Keyboards - Now with USB C?

Associate
Based on the product page for the GMMK keyboard, the connection between the keyboard and the USB cable is micro USB; however, in the reviews of the keyboard people are beginning to mention that this is now USB C instead (hallelujah!). Does anyone know if the USB C keyboards have filtered through yet on Overclockers? I don't particularly want to end up buying my "end-game" keyboard without it (USB C all the thinks etc.)

Thanks!

Associate
Lots of talk on the reddit mechanical page but it is hard to tell whether its those purchased direct from Glorious or specific retailers in the States.

On ordering through OCUK today, I did notice each size of board having a healthy stock of 20 plus. Perhaps a newly stocked inventory??.

I have one coming from OCUK tomorrow....but its the full size one. Personally, If I had known about their Ice White run I would have attempted to buy that direct from their site.

Associate
OP
Such a pain that it's not abundantly clear. Like the white one is definitely USB C, but it isn't in stock on their website at the moment (plus import duties to deal with) and it sounded like it was only a limited run on Reddit.

Apart from the cable, it's a seriously cool piece of kit! If you have the time, would you mind updating me on what type of cable the full-size one ends up coming with, please?

Associate
The full still comes fixed but with a nice braid. A million times better than the cable on the Corsair K70R it replaced.

Associate
OP
Yeah braided, is waaaaaay better looking than a cheapo plastic cable. Still would prefer if it was removable or at least supported USB passs through...

Ah well, can't have everything I guess

Back
Top Bottom