• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Going Dual Core...

Associate
Hi people. I'm thinking of jumping to a dual core system now that prices have dropped a bit but was wondering what kind of price i could get for my Opty 146 i have running at the moment. Anyone got any ideas? it can hit 3Ghz with some decent cooling, just wondering if its worth selling or keeping hold of. thanks!

Soldato
KWJay said:
Hi people. I'm thinking of jumping to a dual core system now that prices have dropped a bit but was wondering what kind of price i could get for my Opty 146 i have running at the moment. Anyone got any ideas? it can hit 3Ghz with some decent cooling, just wondering if its worth selling or keeping hold of. thanks!

£50-60 at a guess at most I would say

I may be in the minority but even though yours can hit 3Ghz on air, its worth less in my opinion than a 3800 X2 (naturally clocked to 2.0 but most can usually reach 2.5GHZ + with decent air cooling) and these are sub £100 brand new

Soldato
the opty will still hold a good price just paid 90 quid inc rmsd for mine of MM although thats retail with cooler etc

Man of Honour
KWJay said:

I just sold my opty146 for £90inc delivery, 2.85ghz air stable, and i see that as a fair price for the performance and guarenteed oc on it

sormicoft said:
the opty will still hold a good price just paid 90 quid inc rmsd for mine of MM although thats retail with cooler etc

lol and they'res the buyer now :D, what good timing

Associate
OP
Hmmm, thing is im not gonna be able to sell on MM as don't have anywhere near enough posts on here to access it, so gonna be going on that well know auction site. think i may just hang on to it and maybe build a second system with the bits i have layin around!

Back
Top Bottom