1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going out to buy my first Water Cooling liquids. what do i buy

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by locutus12, 25 May 2006.

1. locutus12

PermaBanned

Answers on a post card addressed to Rolph Harris Please. :D

2. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

distilled water :) and that alone ideally...

but otherwise it depends what metals are in the loop (pump, blocks, res, rad etc)

if mixing metals, add zerex to the mix (in the correct quantity)

3. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

Yep just distilled water its pretty cheap. personally i would put a little additive in anyway and i second zerex, doesnt smell as bad as water wetter :)

4. locutus12

PermaBanned

zerex?? its got to be stuff i can buy from my local chemist :) im too far away from the city center you see.

5. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

additives wise you will have to order of the internet not many places that stock that sorta thing. you should be ok with just plain distilled water until you have oppurtunity to order some additive, or i could post u a vile of some if i can find one

6. locutus12

PermaBanned

if youve got some spair and know the ammounts i should put in, that would be great :D

7. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

yeh i got some, you use msn or anything like?? if i can find a little vessel to put some in i will gladly send ya some

8. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

Chemist or local garage for distilled water, then get some Water Wetter ordered online.

9. barney

Gangster

To kind of hi-jack the thread (altough its on the same lines) where do you guys get your UV reactive dye from and does it have a negative effect on the pump/blocks/pipes, etc.

10. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

i get mine online but cant name a competitor here, but i dont use it anymore it left a horrible stain on my tubing and impurities on my blocks. it was only in my system for 3months and it got that bad i had to drain it all and clean the whole loop blocks apart and all. If you want reactive i recommend a reactive water like swiftech do (in green i think) it wont go funny like distilled with UV additive