Going SLI :D

Associate
Been talking to a m8 about it and after selling my old PC for near £200 i fancy going SLI and future proofing my system, i'm looking at the A8N-SLI SE,
Coupled with my case has anyone ever had problems installing it into this case or setting it up, i've never built a full PC myself so i need all the help i can get! :D

PS current specs are in my sig

Cheers

Don
I could be wrong, but if you're using dual monitors I don't think you would be able to use SLI at the same time. To be honest though, at 1280x1024, you're probably better off just using the one card at the moment then upgrading once it starts to struggle.

If I was going to upgrade anything it might be worth getting another 1GB of RAM depending on what games your playing.

Jokester

Soldato
pastymuncher said:
No, dual monitors is not an option with SLI. In fact when you enable SLI it tells you that one of your screens will go blank. If you still want to go SLI then it's a waste of time at any res under 1600x1200.
its a waste of time anyway tbh. a single X1900XT-X would probally run any game at that res with reasonable eye candy. and although you get twice as much GPU power some of the benchmarks show SLi to perform worse than the single card.

Associate
OP
no no, i'm not going SLI atm, this board i have atm isn't really performing to what i wanted so i'm gettin the A8N-SLI SE not only for the performance of NF4 but also future proofing... oh and bragging rights! :p I could go SLI i guess but i can't afford another 7800GT and another motherboard that supports SLI in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom