Golf IV - how to disable the auto locking feature?

Associate
MrLOL said:
i think you've missed the point

hes shut the boot

so its locking correctly

just sounds like its not leaving enough time for you to go round the car to get to the door / realise the keys are in your bag in the boot or whatever.

No, I've not. The autolocking feature on ALL Immobiliser II & III systems is automatically disabled by opening ANY door including the boot. It will only re-arm if you don't open a door after 30 seconds. This cannot be enabled or disabled throught VAG-COM or a dealers VAS -1551 tool.

The autolock/unlock feature that is selectable is:

get in car, drive off, when speed goes over 10mph = doors autolock
stop car, take keys out of ignition = doors auto-unlock

This is done by interrogating the comfort control module (CCM) in basic settings mode and changing the option.

Permabanned
Firestar_3x said:
Sounds like a poor system tbh, my clio has an autolock on the doors, if you unlock the car with the fob then don't open the doors or boot then the car will auto lock after 30 - 60 seconds, since you need to open the doors to leave the keys in (unless you drop them though the sunroof) its almost foolproof.

yep my old citroen C3 did this and so does my new Mazda 3, seems daft to have auto locking after you have opened the doors its just asking for people to lock the keys in

Baz

Baz

Soldato
The way it works on my golf, is that if you unlock all doors, and open either the drivers door or boot, it doesnt autolock, but if you open just the back door for instance (trying to get the dog on the seat!!) after 30 seconds the doors lock even though its open, as soon as you close the door the alarm goes off.

Great feature imho, except if you were to put your keys down then shut the door....

Back
Top Bottom