Good Camp Site

Soldato
I am looking for a good camp site in the UK for the August Bank Holiday weekend. I have spent the last few hours searching online and reading reviews, but I value the opinion of OcUK members a little more than random websites.

Planning on going with a friend and we will be driving from London, so location is not too much of an issue as long as its not in Scotland or something. Here are my criteria:

- car parking ideally beside tent
- hook up point
- nearby pubs/clubs
- BBQs permitted
- woodland area for walks

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
That's quite a big list. You'll find most campsites welcome families which means keeping the noise down in the evenings.

The New Forest is a good place for walks as plenty of woodland to explore and some sites do ranger type activities. Obviously pubs and clubs aren't exactly local either but half the fun of camping is making your own entertainment if you are with a group.

Soldato
OP
That's quite a big list. You'll find most campsites welcome families which means keeping the noise down in the evenings.

The New Forest is a good place for walks as plenty of woodland to explore and some sites do ranger type activities. Obviously pubs and clubs aren't exactly local either but half the fun of camping is making your own entertainment if you are with a group.

Well there will just be two of us, and the noise volume in the evenings isn't that vital so I have taken that off the criteria.

Having local pubs is a requirement though...

Back
Top Bottom