Good Computers

Soldato
but the reason for this now is just because that's what they've always used.

Obviously that benefit has gone now, if the software developers released a windows version the only difference would be the interface.

I can assure you that the studios don't use Macs just because that is what they have always used. :)

Secondly there would be far more of a difference than just the interface. One is BSD under the interface and the other is a rather ageing legacy code set underneath.

However as has been said some people just like me like to game so a nice PC gives a good return on investment. :D

Soldato
Other than working in huge photoshop files, or needing large screens for programming i cant see what a good computer is needed really. My 4 year old computer plays all latest games bar maybe one in high settings (just not massive AF/AA)

I require AA and AF, otherwise I might as well go buy a console and have 30fps with no AA.

I also do 3d work for engineering and stuff...

However most of all I'd say it's a hobby....building, configuring, testing, tweaking....

Associate
I spend a lot of time on it, doing computer related degree, play a lot of games.

Why would i want a rubbish one, when i can afford a better one?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Pasties are NOT all the same. In fact, pretty girls don't have pretty pasties by default :p

Truefacts brought to you by years of pron viewing. :D

I wouldn't base your views on pron viewing.. every pasty isn't hanging like sleeve of wizard ;)

People will always spend more if they can justify the purchase.

Soldato
OP
Why have a pretty girlfriend when the pasty is all the same?!

Its not. Usually fat gorilla girls have fat gorilla style 'pasty'

I have a good (reasonably good) sound system because i enjoy listening to good quality music. I have a half decent house instead of living in a cardboard box so i can keep warm and feel good.

Think ive just answered my own question there

- To feel good.

Not many people need a sports car, fast pc or mansion. But it makes them feel good. Maybe some people have these things because their life is lacking something else

Associate
gaming, predominantly at big resolutions, at high frame rates

Hmmmm

This:-
Cry.jpg

Or This:-
crysis_warhead_image_UzRtSEYYg7LKH5.jpg

Think I'll stick with the £1000 pc

Soldato
Well I wasn't going to spend as much as I did, but I bought into i7 because 775 was a dead socket. In the future, I can drop a new CPU in, but if I'd gone for 775, I would have had to buy a new mobo, RAM and CPU. I also had an SSD for the faster bootups and "snappiness".

Besides, it'll last me a long time. I survived for 5 or 6 years with a laptop, so this should do me fine :)

Back
Top Bottom