Good host for 20gb/month+ online shop?

Associate
The bike store I work for has been growing fast and we are now over the limit of our hosting package. Its currently an ecommerce package with 20gb a month transfers and 600mb space, we are currently at 20050mb transfer and 450mb space with a couple of days left of the month.

Our package is with NTT/verio who quite frankly I find crap (unreliable, often slow, change server settings without letting us know).

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a new host? We are currently paying £450 a year.

It would obviously need a higher transfer limit, a bit more space, very reliable and fast. Our site is also quite heavy on CPU time apparently, and an SSL option is a must.

I was looking at fasthosts mainly but I've heard their support is rubbish?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Associate
For £450 you could probably hire a dedicated server and get an even better deal. Most of the hosts on ochostreview do a far better deal than what your getting at the moment

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only experienced Fasthosts from a shared hosting perspective, but the experience has mentally scarred me and I wouldn't go back with them if you paid me.

Associate
I think I paid around £100 a year for a free domain name, 100gb of disk transfer (a month), something like 2gb of disk space and very high quality tech support with Register1.net. I found them in the overclocker review thing and cant rate them highly enough!

£450 a year for your package is day light robbery!

Back
Top Bottom