Good PC Racing Game

Associate
Hi Guys,

Whats a good Motorsport Racing game for the PC? I love the look of Forza 2 but thats xbox only and PGR looks good as well but again xbox.

Im looking for something with supercars in, so your Ferraris and Lambos and what not with some nice gfx along the way.

What do people recommend?

Cheers
Jas

Soldato
I've actually just reinstalled GRiD :) great game
Is the 360 pad (for PC) the best to use? Might have to go out and get one as it's painful racing with a keyboard. :(

Soldato
Arcade : Grid

Sim: GTR Evolution

If you want older, toca race driver 3 or GTR2.

And for Chadd, I have a 360 pad with grid and it's like the game was made for it (what a suprise!). Can't for the life of me get it to handle anything like a car with my logitech driving force pro wheel tho. Would not dream of playing it with a keyboard.

Associate
I'd probably recommend GTR Evolution, I'm sure I saw it for less than a tenner in Gamestation the other day.

My favourite sim at the moment is rFactor but it requires a little work to find mods that you like. Its not really an "install & play", more "install, download cars and tracks, play" game. Plus the AI is terrible if you are going to be racing offline.

Associate
i reccommend Race07. downlaoded it yesterday (off steam before anyone says! ;)) and it is a really good sim racer. mind you, GTR Evolution uses the same engine as Race07 so theres your answer....

Soldato
Bit costly maybe but why not pick up an Xbox 360 and play Forza and PGR, both are fairly good (and infinitely better than the trash that is Grid, imo of course :p), but it would set you back a tad more,

On the PC there's:
Grid, but i'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty nail,
rFactor, not bad, but the fact you have to fiddle with add-ons to get anything half-way decent annoys me
GTR/GTR2 not bad, I believe both feature the racing versions of Ferrari's etc
Race '07 only has WTCC/F3 cars afaik, but not bad,
GTR Evolution, Race '07 with an add-on effectively, not bad though, not sure if there are any ferrari's/lambo's though,

or try iRacing, as a sim it (imo) beats the rest hands down, but it's very costly, and needs a wheel.

Best bet probably is just to get a xbox, they don't cost that much anymore, even brand new, plenty available second hand, and Forza and PGR should keep you busy for a while :)

C64

C64

Soldato
Grid
Flatout 2
Need for speed most wanted

Those are actually fun and don't require £200 racing wheel just to be competitive like some of the sims mentioned.

Soldato
GRID = Bin it. Shouldn't be classed as a car game tbh.

NFS Most Wanted / Test Drive Unlimited if you want some arcade fun.

Simulation is where its at on PC though, I'm playing loads of GTR2 at the minute, but only because I'm yet to buy GTRevo. Loads of mods for various levels of seriousnes. Keep meaning to try out rFactor, but atleast a lot of the mods are ported accross to GTR2 :)

Back
Top Bottom