Goodbye paper manuals

Associate
Ubisoft Does Away With Tree-Killing Instruction Manuals

Ubisoft will not be including paper manuals in future games.

i hope other publishers do not follow suit as i always enjoy reading the manual, even though i don't actually need to half the time.

i miss the days back when pc manuals used to be this big too...

image064.jpg

238 pages it was. i thought the mw2 manual was bad enough, but no manual at all! thats awful.

Soldato
I don't mind... I used to read the manuals when I was younger - but now I don't care :p

Less Readin', More Gamin' :p

Soldato
manuals always made great reading while sitting on the loo.

Could care less if they have manuals or not, they're useless when most games these days have good enough tutorial stages anyway.

btw, game guide > manual.

Soldato
It is much much much better to provide tutorials and instructions in-game. Imagine all the environmental damage that's been caused over the years to supply game manuals. I know that sounds silly, but it is well known that these manuals have had an impact on the destruction of the Amazon rain forest for example.

Soldato
im gonna miss them to i loved coming back from town flicking through the pages on me bus home took the bus not car for that reason oh and that public transport is so damn bloody expensive.

Associate
im gonna miss them to i loved coming back from town flicking through the pages on me bus home took the bus not car for that reason oh and that public transport is so damn bloody expensive.

+1

The only other times i've really read through the manuals is when createing characters in old school RPG's

Soldato
They'll stop not printing on discs soon and will just write the name of it on the disc with a marker to save cash.

Soldato
Ubisoft finally clocked on that when we buy a game, we want to play it rather than sitting their for a good 5-10 minutes reading how Right trigger is too shoot, A is to Jump.. only for an in game tutorial to start to rub it in the noses of people who just read mentioned manual :D.

Good Riddance, put some nice artwork book in instead!

Permabanned
I don't mind... I used to read the manuals when I was younger - but now I don't care :p

Less Readin', More Gamin' :p

Yeah, I use to love reading manuals when coming home in the car or on the bus from town after buying a game, now I just get them delivered put the game in and just play, the manuals have nothing in them, basic controls, basic gameplay and short game bio.

Back
Top Bottom