Google busted

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Why is fixing a problem ‘planned obsolescence’ though? Surely NOT fixing it would be planned obsolescence?

I've never understood this backwards logic people engage in.

It's the fact they slowed the phones down and weren't transparent about. This isn't normal in any other electronic device or done in any other phone. People were buying new phones because they simply thought their phones were getting slow, when they could just get a new battery, but they didn't have this information. Hence why Apple held their hands up and offered free battery replacements.

Soldato
It's the fact they slowed the phones down and weren't transparent about. This isn't normal in any other electronic device or done in any other phone. People were buying new phones because they simply thought their phones were getting slow, when they could just get a new battery, but they didn't have this information. Hence why Apple held their hands up and offered free battery replacements.
Absolutely the communication was poor but that doesn’t mean it’s suddenly a conspiracy theory...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Absolutely the communication was poor but that doesn’t mean it’s suddenly a conspiracy theory...

C'mon man, I didn't say it was a conspiracy theory. It's a simple fact, Apple made the phones slower. They were under no illusion as to what this would do to older phones with poor battery health, especially with people in dark.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
They made phones slower to fix the problem of them randomly switching off...

:rolleyes: I'm very aware of what was done. Not sure what else to say, you keep coming back to this point and I've already responded to it.

Soldato
:rolleyes: I'm very aware of what was done. Not sure what else to say, you keep coming back to this point and I've already responded to it.

But I agree the communication was poor.
That doesn’t mean Apple are evil or that there was a ‘planned obsolescence’ conspiracy theory, it just means the communication was poor. And Apple made good on that by dramatically reducing the cost of new batteries. They did something wrong, they fixed it. That is a GOOD thing.

Permabanned
And people remain loyal by not ******* them off...

Make crappy products, be deceitful or engage in bait and switch tactics and people will stop being loyal.
Depends on the availability of that product and the how many companies can provide that product.
Majority of companies will try and get away with it, look at Facebook and the amount of negative issues that company had yet people still use it.

Soldato
Depends on the availability of that product and the how many companies can provide that product.
Majority of companies will try and get away with it, look at Facebook and the amount of negative issues that company had yet people still use it.
That’s because Facebook has a monopoly on social networking. Apple don’t have a monopoly on anything.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
But I agree the communication was poor.
That doesn’t mean Apple are evil or that there was a ‘planned obsolescence’ conspiracy theory, it just means the communication was poor. And
Apple made good on that by dramatically reducing the cost of new batteries. They did something wrong, they fixed it. That is a GOOD thing.

Making something slower is exactly planned obsolescence, by definition.

Apple only came out and "made good" after they were caught.

I'm not say Apple sat round a table and decided to reduce performance to force people to upgrade (it was the fix, we know this), but by reducing performance and not telling users, in has that effect. The communication was the most important part about this, they decided to not tell users at all. There lies the issue.

Soldato
Making something slower is exactly planned obsolescence, by definition.

Apple only came out and "made good" after they were caught.

I'm not say Apple sat round a table and decided to reduce performance to force people to upgrade (it was the fix, we know this), but by reducing performance and not telling users, in has that effect. The communication was the most important part about this, they decided to not tell users at all. There lies the issue.

‘Planned obsolescence’ would be slowing a phone down for no reason. Apple had reason therefore it was not planned obsolescence.

Absolutely the communication was poor and Apple could have done better, but like I said, they made good on that.

Permabanned
‘Planned obsolescence’ would be slowing a phone down for no reason. Apple had reason therefore it was not planned obsolescence.

Absolutely the communication was poor and Apple could have done better, but like I said, they made good on that.
It was an excuse, very easy one infact. We all know batteries lose capacity.

Back
Top Bottom