Google busted

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ok, no point arguing with you, if that is what your believe that is what you believe.

Ditto. I'm a bit Apple fan and follow their tech closely, and even I can see what they did was shady.

In no way would anyone get a pass on this type of fix. I would be slammed at my job if put in a fix that I knew reduced performance and didn't tell the customer. They then found out later and I said I knew about it but decided it was OK slow your system and not tell you. Especially if my customer was now wanting to upgrade because their system was slower.

Permabanned
It’s not about believing, it’s about knowing the facts. I seem to be talking based on facts, you don’t. Why are you being intellectually dishonest? What is your motive?

Ok, you believe in facts given to you by a company that builds it's products in cheap labour country and sales in it develop countries for a massive mark up.

Permabanned
Ditto. I'm a bit Apple fan and follow their tech closely, and even I can see what they did was shady.

In no way would anyone get a pass on this type of fix. I would be slammed at my job if put in a fix that I knew reduced performance and didn't tell the customer. They then found out later and I said I knew about it but decided it was OK slow your system and not tell you. Especially if my customer was now wanting to upgrade because their system was slower.

I know, I agree with everything you have said. I think after they published it they reduce the battery price why not reduce the battery price when they " found out"....

Soldato
Ok, you believe in facts given to you by a company that builds it's products in cheap labour country and sales in it develop countries for a massive mark up.
No, the facts are the facts, there’s no ‘believing the facts’. That would seem to suggest you aren’t discussing based on facts which would explain your intellectual dishonesty.

Consider the discussion closed.

Permabanned
No, the facts are the facts, there’s no ‘believing the facts’. That would seem to suggest you aren’t discussing based on facts which would explain your intellectual dishonesty.

Consider the discussion closed.
Mrochester, it is fine if you believe them.

Soldato
Back OT, The Gadget show covered this subject last week and showed exactly what is going on (third party cookies) with surprise targeted advertising.

Most online services buried within their T&C's will allow some third party use of your data.. this is moved around using third party cookies and it's exactly how typing anything in on WhatsApp can get to facebook, google, apple, etc..

Caporegime

In that case, go do a bit of digging on them, find some real dirt. You'll be oprah rich overnight.

Just look at Dieselgate, VW will be licking those wounds for over a decade. What about Enron? Wirecard? Theranos? Companies that have all sunk because of dodgy practices. You think Apple is going to chance that?

Soldato
Back OT, The Gadget show covered this subject last week and showed exactly what is going on (third party cookies) with surprise targeted advertising.

Most online services buried within their T&C's will allow some third party use of your data.. this is moved around using third party cookies and it's exactly how typing anything in on WhatsApp can get to facebook, google, apple, etc..

Yes it’s the surveillance online that allows this to happen. The T&Cs of most companies allow them to pass your data onto other data brokers without taking any responsibility for what those companies do with that data.

This all needs to be outlawed and/or completely blocked.

Permabanned
In that case, go do a bit of digging on them, find some real dirt. You'll be oprah rich overnight.

Just look at Dieselgate, VW will be licking those wounds for over a decade. What about Enron? Wirecard? Theranos? Companies that have all sunk because of dodgy practices. You think Apple is going to chance that?
Well those companies are large companies, then why not, is Apple different?

Permabanned

There is currently a big security problem with Facebook messenger, reading something about this morning. Also in the article they were going to transfer it to what's app or something like that.I can not remember the full story, as didn't read it in detail.

Soldato
Yes it’s the surveillance online that allows this to happen. The T&Cs of most companies allow them to pass your data onto other data brokers without taking any responsibility for what those companies do with that data.

This all needs to be outlawed and/or completely blocked.

Safari / Firefox by default block those cookies, Chrome however, it's still an option but you can turn them off.

Apps however, as people are mentioning.. all bets are off...

Soldato
Time for you to go on the block list. I’m not interested in talking to people who aren’t objective, sorry.

You don't know the meaning of the word, mrochester. You'll defend Apple's position no matter what the discussion is, no matter if they are right or wrong. You're as transparent as it gets and 100% completely predictable.

But no no, you go ahead and put me on your block list because you know I'm right... sorry, 'I'm not objective'.

lol.

Soldato
OP

What prompted the OP was the realisation that this is now going beyond third party cookies and similar tracking analysis, to the point where private verbal conversations are being recorded and analysed.

I've underlined what I consider to be the key word; private. Is a verbal conversation via an App provider even private any more? Was it ever?

I haven't tested whether a normal conversation using the phone itself is being recorded, or even if a conversation is being recorded when the phone is in a bag or pocket. I don't have the inclination to go to that level of investigation but I honestly do wonder where this will end up.

Soldato
‘Planned obsolescence’ would be slowing a phone down for no reason. Apple had reason therefore it was not planned obsolescence.

No, the reason is to purposely limit the life of a device (in the tech world) through design and thus making it obsolete, hence obsolescence.

Arguably you could say Apple's 'battery-gate' primary goal wasn't Planned Obsolescence but it certainly had that side-effect due to the uptake of device replacements and why the lawsuit ended in a $500m settlement.

Google Keyboard?

Easiest option to 'snoop' on users, so i wouldn't be surprised if that's how Google primarily do it.

Soldato
No, the reason is to purposely limit the life of a device (in the tech world) through design and thus making it obsolete, hence obsolescence.

Arguably you could say Apple's 'battery-gate' primary goal wasn't Planned Obsolescence but it certainly had that side-effect due to the uptake of device replacements and why the lawsuit ended in a $500m settlement.

Easiest option to 'snoop' on users, so i wouldn't be surprised if that's how Google primarily do it.

Ironically Apple’s primary goal was to keep devices working for longer!

Back
Top Bottom