Google Pixel 5

Associate
The S20 FE 5G does look quite good specs wise, but that's still £700
Correct me if I'm wrong and hopefully I'm not shot down too much but when it comes to the UK has anyone considered some along the lines of the the Huawei P30 Pro amazing specs and the phone I believe can be bought for around ~£500 its the last of the Huawei line-up to still be supported. I currently have a mate 10 pro & I cant really fault it I do notice its slowed a bit & the battery isn't as good but aren't all phones like that after 2-3 years.

Associate
I think I'll switch my focus to the OnePlus 8T. :)
Correct me if I'm wrong and hopefully I'm not shot down too much but when it comes to the UK has anyone considered some along the lines of the the Huawei P30 Pro amazing specs and the phone I believe can be bought for around ~£500 its the last of the Huawei line-up to still be supported. I currently have a mate 10 pro & I cant really fault it I do notice its slowed a bit & the battery isn't as good but aren't all phones like that after 2-3 years.

Horrendous UI and slow updates

Associate
Horrendous UI and slow updates
Agreed on the slow updates side but I definitely have to disagree about the UI I much prefer it infact I'd say I'm quite against the Samsung UI I've had Samsung before and out of all the brands I've had I least preferred the Samsung. If I were to go Samsung and specifically the Note 10+ I'd defo be going custom UI of some sort. Tbh though most phones don't exactly have the fastest updates especially when it comes to older models... like older Samsung brands probably wont get updates as fast compared to buying a new Samsung each year

Soldato
The price of the S20 FE and the rumoured price on the 8T make the Pixel 5 a bit less tempting in my eyes. The cost differential means that you are essentially paying for guaranteed updates, a decent size and Gcam vs a SD865 and higher rates and, with the 8T, 65W charging.

Caporegime
Japanese Google store has the phone at ¥89,980 which puts it around £650 over here.

Had a Nexus 5, Nexus 6P and got a 3XL but I think I'd done with Google phones now unless it's significantly cheaper and doesn't come preloaded with bugs.

Soldato
I think a combination of price and the (likely) compromises has put waverers like me off the Pixel 5. With an 865 (and ideally 120hz not 90) I’d have been super keen on this. Now I think the only people who’ll buy it are the ones who only buy Pixels anyway. I can’t see Google pulling in many new customers.

Soldato
Samsung is off the cards for me. Can't stand their overlays and bloat.
Not really spent a lot of time with others but wasn't too keen on Oppo.
I'll likely go for the Pixel 5 but not at the rumoured price.

Associate
For me, I've been a long time Android user & I've never had an apple device but I'm really tempted to switch just for one generation & to see what its all about. I understand everyone has their opinions on each side but I guess until you try one out you wont know if it works for ya!

Soldato
For me, I've been a long time Android user & I've never had an apple device but I'm really tempted to switch just for one generation & to see what its all about. I understand everyone has their opinions on each side but I guess until you try one out you wont know if it works for ya!

I switched from Apple to Android roughly when the Samsung S3/S4 was out. I found I could do more with the Android back then.

Associate
I switched from Apple to Android roughly when the Samsung S3/S4 was out. I found I could do more with the Android back then.
As mentioned in my original message I've never made the switch. I just feel like I'd maybe like the apple ecosystem once I try it out. I mean nowadays ofc with Android you can "do more" but I mean I'm pretty sure everything I currently do with my Huawei I'd be able to do with an iPhone. I'd probably stay Android if Huawei weren't getting **** on by google, Us & the rest of the world.

Soldato
OP
Apple hardware is absolutely top notch. Ignore the paper specs, the hardware is built to the most exacting standards.

It all comes down to Android or iOS

I like Android over OS and the hardware choice is obviously better with Android, but the privacy issues are starting to annoy me. Maybe I should start an Android privacy tips thread and see what everyone is doing to keep things safe and secure. :)

Soldato
Samsung is off the cards for me. Can't stand their overlays and bloat.
Not really spent a lot of time with others but wasn't too keen on Oppo.
I'll likely go for the Pixel 5 but not at the rumoured price.

I've just ordered a galaxy s20. What bloat are you talking about, as my tab s6 has hardly any. I'm hoping the phone will be the same.

Soldato
I've just ordered a galaxy s20. What bloat are you talking about, as my tab s6 has hardly any. I'm hoping the phone will be the same.

Just the bundled Samsung stuff including Bixby etc. The phones just felt sluggish all the time to me. They may have reduced it in newer iterations but I just couldn't get along with it when using my brothers old S8 for a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom