Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Oppo X3 Pro vs the almighty Pixel camera.

Looks like after many years we have a new winner in the camera space. he Pixel has stagnanted for too long but its fair given its sticker price these days.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Looks like after many years we have a new winner in the camera space. he Pixel has stagnanted for too long but its fair given its sticker price these days.

I think the Oppo does a really good job, but in a lot of photos I preferred the pixel.

Associate

Its good, but this is a flagship phone at £1100 competing with the iPhone Pro 12 Max?

A better comparison might be with the Pixel 6 later in the year, if this has a similar price.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Its good, but this is a flagship phone at £1100 competing with the iPhone Pro 12 Max?

A better comparison might be with the Pixel 6 later in the year, if this has a similar price.

Not to mention you can get the Pixel camera system on the 4a 5G which is less than half the price of the Oppo.

Soldato
The Pixel camera is renowned to be the best Android has to offer in terms of PQ regardless of price. The comparison was to compare ultimate picture quality and its the best Google has to offer.

The Pixel as a phone has many flaws and its the camera that keeps it afloat. And barely at that.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The Pixel camera is renowned to be the best Android has to offer in terms of PQ regardless of price. The comparison was to compare ultimate picture quality and its the best Google has to offer.

The Pixel as a phone has many flaws and its the camera that keeps it afloat. And barely at that.

What flaws are you referring to? I know it’s not a perfect phone. I think the Pixel 5 is great, the software experience is excellent which is the main draw for a lot of people.

If we could get the software experience in Samsung hardware the pixel line would be dead.

Associate

The 5 is the best mid-range phone you get, it does everything well, although it might not be the best in any single area but added together, its the most complete.

Soldato
What flaws are you referring to? I know it’s not a perfect phone. I think the Pixel 5 is great, the software experience is excellent which is the main draw for a lot of people.

If we could get the software experience in Samsung hardware the pixel line would be dead.

The Pixel 5 is a good phone no doubt, not great though for me. They mullered the earpiece speaker making it underglass and muffled for calls. And in turn messed the stereo sound balance , they cheaped out in so many areas... Not very wide WA cam with a tiny sensor (should have used the same main sensor as its hardly premium now) , dropped the quality of haptic feedback to 3A levels, got rid of the neural core and now HDR pics take 2016 levels of time to process. 3 years of software updates yes but paired with that average SoC it's performance will have aged badly.

The 5 is the best mid-range phone you get, it does everything well, although it might not be the best in any single area but added together, its the most complete.

As I said in my original post the camera is fine for its price point. Its the ultimate IQ was was comparing to the Oppo, saying we finally have a camera with a comparable Pixel processing but paired with a better quality sensor and SoC.

Associate
Agree with kona786 I'm afraid. The FPS was garbage for me. The auto brightness was as good as useless. The screen was average at best. The haptic were rubbish. The supposed superior software experience is not actually superior at all these days, in many respects Samsung software is actually better (heck they even offer more years of updates now, another pixel selling point is now moot), certainly more customisable. I was glad to get shot, but you can't criticise pixels on here as I've found out many a time. Legitimate complaints don't exist because apparently everything is just about perfect. It's a shame really but Google should probably just stick to software, as most of their hardware is junk. Pains me to say it as well as I was the biggest wannabe fanboy around at one time.

Associate
Agree with kona786 I'm afraid. The FPS was garbage for me. The auto brightness was as good as useless. The screen was average at best. The haptic were rubbish. The supposed superior software experience is not actually superior at all these days, in many respects Samsung software is actually better (heck they even offer more years of updates now, another pixel selling point is now moot), certainly more customisable. I was glad to get shot, but you can't criticise pixels on here as I've found out many a time. Legitimate complaints don't exist because apparently everything is just about perfect. It's a shame really but Google should probably just stick to software, as most of their hardware is junk. Pains me to say it as well as I was the biggest wannabe fanboy around at one time.

But didn't you have to spend almost double the cost of a P5 to find a phone that you liked?

I don't think anyone is stating that a P5 is the absolute best Android phone out there, just that it is a very solid all rounder at its price point. It seems some people expected it to compete with other manufacturers flagship phones, despite costing a lot less.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You've also got to remember most people will be buying the P5 at a discount. On launch everyone would have got a pair of Bose to sell for £120 making it a £480 phone. I bought one this week for £470.

Soldato
You had a defective phone yet refused to return it and instead whined constantly on this forum about how bad pixels were. Didn't really help yourself much did you :D

Back
Top Bottom