Google Pixel 5

Associate
You've also got to remember most people will be buying the P5 at a discount. On launch everyone would have got a pair of Bose to sell for £120 making it a £480 phone. I bought one this week for £470.

Yep, I got £140 for my headphones and another £30 from TopCashback making it a £430 phone :)

Soldato
Ive had a few issues with my pixel 5 and can see where fishlicker is coming from but I don't think I would change my pixel 5.
For what it cost compared to my brothers s21, I still prefer the P5. That's my opinion though

The thing I like so much about the p5 is the lack of expensive features you never use. This is the first pixel non A version phone I can think of that does it without the useless crud.

Thinking of stuff like squeeze to get Google, the hand gestures rubbish etc.

Soldato
The thing I like so much about the p5 is the lack of expensive features you never use. This is the first pixel non A version phone I can think of that does it without the useless crud.

Thinking of stuff like squeeze to get Google, the hand gestures rubbish etc.
Hah... I used to really like the squeeze thing (though had it set up to launch the camera so the phone was ready to take a photo before it was even out of my pocket). Was one of the few useful gimmicks imo!

Soldato
If I get a pixel 5 from somewhere like Amazon, is the (2year?) warranty provided direct from Google or do you have to go via the reseller?

You have both options. If direct from Google then you can get a hot swap replacement. They send you a new one. You send them the old one back after

If not purchased from Google you can go with whomever you purchased from or direct to Google but you will have to send your phone in first before they issue a replacement.

Google don't do repairs they just replace. So it's quick.

Soldato
Well after browsing for android alternatives to my iPhone. I’ve decided to try the google pixel 5. Should get it sometime this week and I’m looking forward to it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well after browsing for android alternatives to my iPhone. I’ve decided to try the google pixel 5. Should get it sometime this week and I’m looking forward to it.

I recently moved over too, be interested to know your thoughts. I decided to replace Chrome on my Pixel 5 with Edge and same on my desktop, fed up of the lack of ad blocking on Android chrome. Also using my Microsoft account via the MS Authenticator app to sync passwords, it allowed me to import all my Chrome passwords which made the switch a breeze.

Associate
I recently moved over too, be interested to know your thoughts. I decided to replace Chrome on my Pixel 5 with Edge and same on my desktop, fed up of the lack of ad blocking on Android chrome. Also using my Microsoft account via the MS Authenticator app to sync passwords, it allowed me to import all my Chrome passwords which made the switch a breeze.

I recommend samsung browser, built in adblocking and dark mode across all sites.

Associate
Anyone had their screen repaired and if so, by who? Smashed mine this afternoon :( I'm also willing to try and replace the screen myself if the parts are easy enough to get hold of?

Back
Top Bottom