Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
This is the first I've even heard of this stadia
streaming services will never go mainstream until we have much much more capcity most peoples broadband dips way down 5pm to midnight i know my virgin medias way down in peak times

I've had no problems with my Virgin, luckily. We pay for 200 and normally never see a dip below 100, normally it's at 150 during peak.

Soldato
This is the first I've even heard of this stadia
streaming services will never go mainstream until we have much much more capcity most peoples broadband dips way down 5pm to midnight i know my virgin medias way down in peak times

It's got no chance against X-Cloud/Game pass. GS is a terrible value proposition. Without a complete re-think of the business model it's certain to be in the Google graveyard within a year or two. It's pretty much a meme at point.

Soldato
It's got no chance against X-Cloud/Game pass. GS is a terrible value proposition. Without a complete re-think of the business model it's certain to be in the Google graveyard within a year or two. It's pretty much a meme at point.

xCloud was absolutely terrible when I tried it 6 months ago. A full 2 seconds before any reaction on the screen.

Caporegime
OP
Yes, as long as you have a 4K monitor.

Go to the Stadia website, sign up for 1 free month and then click play. Boom, you're in.

Thanks. I might hold on to that 1 free month until nearer Christmas, they may have something really special to show off then. I've started playing BL3 on Steam as it's free there, too.

Associate
Borderlands 3 is the worst Stadia port I’ve played, it’s the only game with any noticeable input lag, there also seems to some frame drops.

this is on Chromecast ultra with the Stadia controller too.

on the plus side, Orcs Must Die 3 is sooo good! Never played one before, my son launched the game by mistake (don’t know how!) and I said to him let’s give it a try, 2 hours later we were still on it, an absolute gem of a game! It’s good challenge too

Soldato
Borderlands 3 is the worst Stadia port I’ve played, it’s the only game with any noticeable input lag, there also seems to some frame drops.

this is on Chromecast ultra with the Stadia controller too.

on the plus side, Orcs Must Die 3 is sooo good! Never played one before, my son launched the game by mistake (don’t know how!) and I said to him let’s give it a try, 2 hours later we were still on it, an absolute gem of a game! It’s good challenge too

I have not noticed any input lag for myself when playing BL3 on CCU. But there was some frame drops when streaming 4K.

If you knock it down to a 1080p stream it also bumps the FPS to 60. Much, much nicer.

Soldato
Like my post stated above. With Stadia I'm experiencing, what feels like, no lag.

Of course it's a higher delay than playing locally but xCloud was awful.

I'm yet to try GFN. But with my setup, Stadia works perfectly.

Experiences will vary, but with all the problems its had, the lack of games, the poor reception it's recieved and the lousy value proposition it's not got much going for it, which is problem by the small install base and no-one on the servers.

Associate
I've tried Stadia, GFN Psnow,and Xcloud and have to say Stadia was probably the best of the bunch for me. Some games performed better than others but Destiny2 on Stadia was a pretty cool experience, its a service that's crying out for exclusives though.

Soldato
We have just got a PS4 Pro in the house so I am itching to try out PlayStation Now.

The huge selling point in Stadia for me is the zero downloads and ability to switch screens easily.

I doubt it would appeal to me as much if I was in my teens/early twenties. But since having a family and the TV being free on the rare occasions, it's nice to be able to jump off the TV and Juno straight back in on the PC.

I must say though the quality at 1080p on my PC is God awful. 1080p is stunning on my TV, of course as is the 4K stream when I had Pro.

Mobile is also fantastic - So I'm not sure why Chrome on the PC is so awful. It looks like a 360p image.

Associate
We have just got a PS4 Pro in the house so I am itching to try out PlayStation Now.

The huge selling point in Stadia for me is the zero downloads and ability to switch screens easily.

I doubt it would appeal to me as much if I was in my teens/early twenties. But since having a family and the TV being free on the rare occasions, it's nice to be able to jump off the TV and Juno straight back in on the PC.

I must say though the quality at 1080p on my PC is God awful. 1080p is stunning on my TV, of course as is the 4K stream when I had Pro.

Mobile is also fantastic - So I'm not sure why Chrome on the PC is so awful. It looks like a 360p image.
Have you tried the Stadia+ chrome extension?

I also got a much better image and performance using he Microsoft Edge browser, plus you can save Stadia as web app on your desktop which looks and works great

Back
Top Bottom