• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'll be re subscribing to Pro for the first time in a few months. Good selection of games for September and will be really happy to play the rest of Doom Eternal on a 4K stream.

Associate
Fantastic month of Pro!

Just a heads up, for some reason the 3 month code received via email when you purchased a Premier edition (3 month up to the price drop, I believe its now 1 month) now works when redeemed. It never used to stack on top of an existing account that had the free pro trial.

Soldato
So offloaded the Pro and the Xbone, time to fallback on Stadia till November.

First up , Super Bombers R and Monster Boy.

#Bomberman was quite jittery and laggy and so is Monster Boy. Don't think it's my network but never know, will need checkout chromecast's settings before I moan at Stadia.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally ordered myself a phone grip. I've been waiting for The Claw but it seems that's never going to arrive so gone with the Orzly grip.

Should be here Friday.

BOMBERMAN
I
was really hoping there would be a local co-op mode but it seems this is only online from everything I've read?

Soldato
22% off the Google store today. Brings the Premier Edition to just over £70. Good time to jump in if anybody is interested.

Want to pick up another controller but being honest nobody else in my house will game with me, ha

Associate
No stadia support on release of the new google TV..oh dear...

Balders Gate 3 today!!! Not sure if I want to buy into the early access or not, ill be browsing reddit at 5pm for info...

Soldato
Fenyx Rising demo is up. The demo is Stadia exclusive, but free for anyone to play. Going to give it a go this evening. Will be an interesting test of both the game and the service.

Caporegime
OP
Fenyx Rising demo is up. The demo is Stadia exclusive, but free for anyone to play. Going to give it a go this evening. Will be an interesting test of both the game and the service.

It turned out to be very interesting.

GOOD :
The quick set up of a new account
The instant start of the game without any downloads/patches/configuration
The game itself was fantastic - really looking out for this now
Amazing when you think it's running in a browser

BAD :
Performance - despite having excellent connection status in the overlay, the game was a stuttering mess. Whether this is due to Fenyx only being a demo or me using Microsoft Edge as the browser instead of Chrome, I don't know. But as that was my first experience of Stadia, it's not very good. I'm going to have a look and see if there is anything free I can test further with.

Soldato

GOOD :

BAD :
Performance - despite having excellent connection status in the overlay, the game was a stuttering mess. Whether this is due to Fenyx only being a demo or me using Microsoft Edge as the browser instead of Chrome, I don't know. But as that was my first experience of Stadia, it's not very good. I'm going to have a look and see if there is anything free I can test further with.

Performance was alright for me. Just thought the game looked a bit... unfocussed and blurry. Probably compression. Quite surprised they didn't make 4K streaming free for the demo; surely it would be sensible to show the service off at its best? Still not convinced by Stadia. Being able to load up a game instantly, anywhere, is impressive. But if I'd paid £59.99 for this, I'd be quite disappointed by the image quality. Given I can nab the game on PC for £20 less, I'm certainly nowhere close to being convinced to buy on Stadia instead.

The game itself I really enjoyed. Movement is good. Combat is alright; very much in the Assassin's Creed vein. The world seems large and looks stunning. And the narration was genuinely funny at times. Pretty much sold on this now.

Caporegime
OP
The game itself I really enjoyed. Movement is good. Combat is alright; very much in the Assassin's Creed vein. The world seems large and looks stunning. And the narration was genuinely funny at times. Pretty much sold on this now.

I liked the stamina meter (can make climbing a bit more interesting!), seems lots of places to explore, the boss fight, potion and skill upgrades. Pretty much all of it.

Soldato

GOOD :

BAD :
Not saying that this will work but it's worth a try... I experience poor stadia performance in Chrome due to hardware acceleration being enabled in Chrome browser, disabling it fixed the issue.

Chromecast on the other hand always performed well

Back
Top Bottom